• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dennis

My vet reckons that it's the change in barometric pressure that causes pain with Arthritis and that once it levels out, the pain decreases. I told her that my Arthritis has never appeared to be affected by this and she said that not everyone is. I researched it and came up with this http://blog.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/weather-arthritis-pain/ She reckons a similar thing goes on with Migraine too.

I have had massages several times from an NHS physiotherapist and have been in absolute agony afterwards. I don't agree to it now. I think it's one of those things that possibly will work for some people and not others.

Your words are always so lovely and make my eyes teary. :love:
The thing is I have always wanted an elderbun and I thought I would be more accepting that they have had a long happy life. The reality is no matter how old they are you just want them forever and it's hard seeing their health as not as it was.

I just worry about his pain and mobility and because I love him I might have the blinkers on for when it's too much for him you know?

I empathise with this. I don't think working it out is as easy as they say xx

Loobers - just a thought. It might be worth asking Uncle John about complimentary therapies. acupuncture or cold laser therapy maybe

Okay I will ask him. I remember looking a while back and I saw the super vet offered it in his practice. Maybe John could recommend someone local. Depends on uncle John's opinion though I guess

Herbalist Joey - would you know of any bunny kosher anti-inflammatory herbs? I have been feeding a lot of willow as I like to think it will help with pain

That's a nice age, what breed Is Laurel?

She's a black cross rabbit, maybe some Nethie in her. She was living in a 3' Ark type run in the garage when I went to bring her home. She was terrible, trashed her hutch all the time, then I had her spayed and she very slowly calmed down and I knew she was ready to be bonded. She is so happy living with Oscar, they have been together many years now and he is her rock. They are very close.

Herbalist Joey - would you know of any bunny kosher anti-inflammatory herbs? I have been feeding a lot of willow as I like to think it will help with pain

Indeed I can. Thank You for acknowledging my skills

I prescribe dandelion (all part of the plant) to help flush the kidneys & cleanse the liver, peppermint for its anti inflammatory & digestive properties. Emu is a must for general health & well being as has anti inflammatory properties, the jelly bit of a jaffa cake for perkiness, lavender to soothe. Fresh echinacea flowers to be served daily. For Omega 3 serve sprouts & homemade forage based cookies with chia seed seasoned with fenugreek & tumeric.
Good luck Dennis. I hope that helps, Joey xx

Here is Dennis just now. I took a few video's but didn't really showcase his Swanson side. You can see in the last picture how he sits. I'll try and get s runny bouty video tomorrow but he was nomming and foraging hay tonight
9de01cf4ecdbfeb69286c2ba4048e345.jpg
3b380f5c0a3d977ae197e09c21d202d4.jpg
78848e5b89369cd526672a6b0885bf86.jpg
a8b79a3d41b6ed3dba3828dcbcd31ab2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Indeed I can. Thank You for acknowledging my skills

I prescribe dandelion (all part of the plant) to help flush the kidneys & cleanse the liver, peppermint for its anti inflammatory & digestive properties. Emu is a must for general health & well being as has anti inflammatory properties, the jelly bit of a jaffa cake for perkiness, lavender to soothe. Fresh echinacea flowers to be served daily. For Omega 3 serve sprouts & homemade forage based cookies with chia seed seasoned with fenugreek & tumeric.
Good luck Dennis. I hope that helps, Joey xx

Joey your knowledge is outstanding!

I have never fed lavender, would I feed all parts of lavender?

I have never heard of Emu before i must research

I have lots of dried Echinacea, I will invest in some fresh

Also never made my own cookies - will also investigate

How many sprouts would you serve per day?

Thank you Joey the herbal guru

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dennis always makes me smile. He looks so sweet resting his head on Syrup.

Emu is "Golden Rod" forage

Good luck today Dennis & friends

Last edited:
I am reading (or trying to, I can barely see & I lost my glasses about a week before lockdown) an old copy of Rabbiting On about Evening primrose oil. Mousey wants to try. i've said i'll think about it

Gorgeous photos of Dennis and Maple. We need more photos of them - especially Dennis. He’s such a heart throb.:love:

I am going to bring Dennis's appointment forward and try and admit him onto the hospital today.

He is eating dry but now refusing fresh food. I've sneaked in some fluids for him.

I suspect a dental problem and I hope it's just a spur rather than a more complicated problem. He is drinking a lot, taking ages to eat etc so I'm going to take him in before he stops esting all together because I feel that's not too far away now

Back