• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very nervous rabbit

Alicia

Mama Doe
Jelly got bonded with another bunny at a rescue and I brought them both home yesterday. He came with the name Felix and he’s a lovely boy but he is so scared. I know it takes time to settle and obviously I’ll give him time but can anyone suggest anything else that will help or anything to avoid?

Jelly got bonded with another bunny at a rescue and I brought them both home yesterday. He came with the name Felix and he’s a lovely boy but he is so scared. I know it takes time to settle and obviously I’ll give him time but can anyone suggest anything else that will help or anything to avoid?

This is wonderful news and I'm so pleased you felt able to get a friend for Jelly :D I like the name Felix. What sort of a bun is he?

I think just leave him lots of time to settle with Jelly, without going too close to them unless you need to. Also a hidey box should help for him to feel safe in. Jelly should gradually give him more confidence.

That's lovely news :) yes I agree just leave him alone, maybe hold out the odd treat, he'll settle in his own time when he realises he's got a lovely new home xx

I agree with the advice already given :thumb: I think once he settles and Jelly gives him confidence he will come to realise you are the bringer of food and no threat :love:

Agree with what's already been said. Space and time should hopefully ease his nerves. Keep us updated and hope he settles soon xx

Yes, space, time and treats will help. But don't have expectations about how he should behave, one of my girls even after 6 years rarly allows me to touch her, it's the way she is.

Back