• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tense Syrupy

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Is anybun else seeming a bit tense at the moment? I think it may be the weather when it keeps on changing. Syrupness is being very easily spooked and having a good look round for danger. Lots of stamping. I think it could be the winds? She has a good look round before she eats. The only thing that excites her is Dennis having his metacam. To join in I stared putting a bit of water in there for her after (don't tell her) as I am sure the tip tastes metacamy.

Because she was a stray i don't know if she was a indoor bun or an outdoor bun. If she was outdoor surely she would be more used to wind etc?

Hmmm Syrupy

oh bless her, no can't say I've noticed any difference in Treacle, but then she snoozes most of the time these days. The metacamy water made me smile :D really hope she's ok xx

I know how you feel. I think the change in weather so quickly does have an effect on their behaviour. The are creatures of habit and like routine so the sudden heatwave, then strong winds and showers will make syrup uneasy.
Leo is much the same. He spooks really easily - any sudden movement or noise and he makes for cover. He’s easily won back with a cranberry and he goes absolutely mad for them. Lillian doesn’t seem too affected.
I hope syrup settles down soon. At least she has the heartthrob Dennis there to reassure her and snuggle up to. Xx

Because she was a stray i don't know if she was a indoor bun or an outdoor bun. If she was outdoor surely she would be more used to wind etc?

Hmmm Syrupy

no, ime windy spooks them.
Yep, Aboleth was much more out of sorts when it was windy. Lopsy doesn't really notice and Chibbs seems less fussed but won't stay outside on the lawn for very long if someone else (us or Lopsy) isn't there.

Is her eyesight ok? I only ask cos my only spooky bunny ever has been Boo . You like fans don't you - could they be freaking her out? Whatever it is I hope she settles soon. Calming syrup vibes

Is her eyesight ok? I only ask cos my only spooky bunny ever has been Boo . You like fans don't you - could they be freaking her out? Whatever it is I hope she settles soon. Calming syrup vibes
I was thinking this, Penelope is the same and blind. Apricot doesn't have great sight but she's fine, Penelope gets super spooked and uses Apricot as a guide. Maybe her eye sight isn't great? Or has changed? Is she a stampy bun anyway? I think I remember you saying she thumps a lot before.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Good point: Aboleth's onesided blindness was evident when we did weird things, as while she coped fine and seemed mostly normal she did NOT like us being high up.

I agree. Poor eyesight is almost certainly the reason why Tui gets spooked so easily.

very windy here today (and yesterday).
my 2 have stayed in their shed most of yesterday & all of today.

Back