• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A different kind of friend....

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Not a bunny (please forgive me)... but I've made a new friend called Dobby.

He lives indoors only.
Hes very vocal.
He has separation anxiety and I'm working with the people who care for him to reduce his anxiety. (His owner gives him to different houses where he doesn't stay etc).

Hes not normally a cuddler but apparently I'm cuddle worthy.

And yes, he is a Sphynx :)

100b08c4c091302f43c07edee2ea635b.jpg
1beaec98e13afeb53558d945ec9f1cdd.jpg
eb2553d9d9c2056a419cd6552baa6c75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What a beautiful cat [emoji7] I've wanted a naked cat for forever [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

He is very unusual :love: I’ve never seen one in real life. Is he completely naked, no fuzz? What does his skin feel like?

Absolutely gorgeous cat! :love:
I can't say I really understood about him being left at different houses.

He is very unusual :love: I’ve never seen one in real life. Is he completely naked, no fuzz? What does his skin feel like?
His head near his eyes/forehead is like a slight velvet feeling. the rest of him just feels like slightly clingy skin it's difficult to stroke him as you kinda drag his skin with your hand.
Absolutely gorgeous cat! :love:
I can't say I really understood about him being left at different houses.
I wasnt very clear I know.
Basically his owner is meant to live in this house, but spends the majority of his time at his girlfriends. He'll show up for 1 or two days every few months and then leave, causing obvious distress to Dobby.
He'll often move where Dobby stays as people get upset seeing his distress (understandably) but Dobby will get attached to one person in the house and then be taken away from that person etc. So hes got quite severe anxiety surrounding separation etc.

His head near his eyes/forehead is like a slight velvet feeling. the rest of him just feels like slightly clingy skin it's difficult to stroke him as you kinda drag his skin with your hand.I wasnt very clear I know.
Basically his owner is meant to live in this house, but spends the majority of his time at his girlfriends. He'll show up for 1 or two days every few months and then leave, causing obvious distress to Dobby.
He'll often move where Dobby stays as people get upset seeing his distress (understandably) but Dobby will get attached to one person in the house and then be taken away from that person etc. So hes got quite severe anxiety surrounding separation etc.

I appreciate that it is none of my business but what he is doing is completely unacceptable. It would be very much kinder for Doby to be re-homed. All animals need consistency. How does his owner think that he is being fair to Dobby.

I appreciate that it is none of my business but what he is doing is completely unacceptable. It would be very much kinder for Doby to be re-homed. All animals need consistency. How does his owner think that he is being fair to Dobby.
You're not the only one who thinks it. But that is why his new house mates are doing all they can to help Dobby cope. They intend Dobby to stay there from now.

I agree with Babsie. I've never seen a naked cat before - didn't even know they existed. I have four cats and they have each other for company when I am at work but one of them comes running up when she hears the car and they are all very attached to me. I feel bad leaving them if I go away for a couple of days. A neighbour feeds them but they still sulk. They don't have any real routine as I work shifts but when I am home they are usually near me somewhere. I could be wrong but I think they would be very unhappy if I only spent one or two days every few months with them.

Hopefully Dobby will be happier with you and your housemates.

I agree with Babsie. I've never seen a naked cat before - didn't even know they existed. I have four cats and they have each other for company when I am at work but one of them comes running up when she hears the car and they are all very attached to me. I feel bad leaving them if I go away for a couple of days. A neighbour feeds them but they still sulk. They don't have any real routine as I work shifts but when I am home they are usually near me somewhere. I could be wrong but I think they would be very unhappy if I only spent one or two days every few months with them.

Hopefully Dobby will be happier with you and your housemates.
I wish I could have him come live with me but I work too many hours that he'd suffer more. He'd really benefit from going to a retired couple I think. Slower pace of life, generally someone always around etc

I wish I could have him come live with me but I work too many hours that he'd suffer more. He'd really benefit from going to a retired couple I think. Slower pace of life, generally someone always around etc

I thought he was going to live with you and your housemates. Think I've got a bit confused. I would never have just one cat as I am out of the house for too long with my jobs so I can understand why it's not a good idea for him to stay with you.

I thought he was going to live with you and your housemates. Think I've got a bit confused. I would never have just one cat as I am out of the house for too long with my jobs so I can understand why it's not a good idea for him to stay with you.
Thankfully I live alone. Not sure I could do cohabitation now ;)

Back