• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Man hater

wench

Young Bun
Hello, I adopted Harley as a companion for my newly adopted male rabbit Bert. Luckily it was love at first site and they are probably the strongest bonded pair I have ever had. Both rabbits live outdoors in a playhouse with outdoor run attached but also have the run of the garden when we are home. This is the first summer we have had them and with lockdown it has meant both my husband and I have spent longer amounts of time with them. Bert has really benefited from this and after previously belonging to a hoarder, receiving no human interaction, he is now a very nosey bunny following my husband ground the garden when he is doing work or choosing to sit beside us whilst we are sat out. Harley however, is of huge concern. She is still very timid and despite the extra time being spent with her by me, her confidence has not improved. She is better with me as I am their main carer, ( she is a lion head/angora mix so she requires regular grooming) but with my husband she is actually getting worse. I am lucky with my husband that he is extremely patient with both of them ( it's him that Bert now comes to and eats out of his hand after a large amount of time and encouragement). I feel really upset for Harley as it's got to the point now if my husband even steps foot in the garden nowhere near her she totally panics and freaks out, running desperately to find a hiding place. A couple of times her panic has been that bad she has even ran into things. I would understand if she had been like this from the minute I had adopted her as I could put it down to a bad experience with her previous owner, however it's the fact that her fear and panic over my husband are getting worse, even though you'd think she would be getting more settled and used to us. It's so sad seeing her so stressed and my husband doesn't want to go in the garden now as he hates upsetting her. Does anybody have any feedback/ suggestions??

Last edited:
Back