• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Pickle Please U/D back to the vets.

Yay Pickle. And yay for you because your stress levels have been thro the roof.
As much as we understand and can explain a lot in medicine and biology, there’s a lot beneath that we do not. The mind of every creature large and small is unique and can often count towards a sudden change, positive or not in a soul. Pickle may well have been just at that cusp in recovery, he couldn’t say he was, but inside it may have been his body and mind just hitting the right time and suddenly he starts to show strong positive signs of a stabilised recovery.
Sending huge vibes for Pickle tonight and hope he continues to recover. And a gentle hug to you as you need a gentle hug just to let you know that we care about you too.
Craig xx

Hmm, so this morning I saw an empty food bowl and thought, “Brilliant, he’s eaten his pellets overnight”, then I realised that no, he’d somehow just tipped all the pellets out onto the floor. Some more poos overnight but not as many as normal.
He came running up for his fenugreek crunchie and scoffed that, but then refused a second one a few minutes later. I took him into the lounge to give him his loxicom and upon returning to the kitchen Beans had decided to swap sides, (mainly so he could scoff the uneaten fenugreek crunchie) and so I put Pickle back on the other side. (I normally swap their sides every other night as they’re unequal, but had kept Pickle on the smaller side where he’s easier to monitor and catch since Wednesday). Pickle has been wandering around sniffing out the side as he normally would (after grooming himself after being touched by a stinky human) and generally behaving normally, just not eating much. :?

I think we can safely say Pickle is feeling better :D Most of the pellets have been eaten overnight and reasonable output in the litter tray. He ran over for his fenugreek crunchie, headflicking as he did so and then clambered up on the boxes that secure the divide for his crunchie. Admittedly, he then decided he wasn’t interested in it, but then hopped off and sat on the unheated snugglesafe and took it from me there and ate it.
When I came back into the house after feeding Willow and Herb, Pickle was opening the baby gate to let himself back into the kitchen, having gone for an unauthorised wander in the lounge! Normal naughtiness has resumed :D:lol:

Yeah, unless I’ve made sure it’s fully locked rather than just pulled shut firmly, they tug on the mesh that I added to stop them squeezing through the bars as babies and pull it open :roll: They rattle it in disgust when it is locked :lol:

A bun-tastic update and really made me smile so much. Great work and give pickle a nose rub from all of us here.
Keep up the recovery pickle. Xx

Back