• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Pickle Please U/D back to the vets.

Glad to read that Pickle's nibbled a bit of hay. It's certainly a step in the right direction!

Although I have to say that between you and Pickle, they better put a flood warning in for Lancashire!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Glad to read that Pickle's nibbled a bit of hay. It's certainly a step in the right direction!

Although I have to say that between you and Pickle, they better put a flood warning in for Lancashire!

PMSL! :lol: We’ve had another big wee on the floor, once again he seems pretty dry though and is currently sat in the litter tray nibbling hay. Fingers crossed we have more nibbling and less piddling outside the litter box!

PMSL! :lol: We’ve had another big wee on the floor, once again he seems pretty dry though and is currently sat in the litter tray nibbling hay. Fingers crossed we have more nibbling and less piddling outside the litter box!

I find that less piddling on the floor is always good!
Sending lots of vibes for Pickle!

Sending millions of vibes to Pickle - who is one of my very favourite bunnies.
What a drama you had with the tour round Lancashire for meds. You both must be exhausted and in need of some well earned rest.
I hope Pickles starts eating better soon and the infection clears up. Xx

Pickle came bounding up for his fenugreek crunchie this morning, up on hind legs begging for it. Once he had it however, he just dropped it and ignored it. Pellets appear untouched again. He is however still nibbling hay. Tummy feels soft and there are a few small poos about. I’ve left a message for the vet who’s in clinic at the moment, so waiting to hear back from him. :(

Pickle came bounding up for his fenugreek crunchie this morning, up on hind legs begging for it. Once he had it however, he just dropped it and ignored it. Pellets appear untouched again. He is however still nibbling hay. Tummy feels soft and there are a few small poos about. I’ve left a message for the vet who’s in clinic at the moment, so waiting to hear back from him. :(

To me that points toward him associating eating hard food with pain.

Have you tried crushing his pellets ? Some Rabbits will eat them if they are softened in water, but some wont but will eat them crushed and left dry.. Have you access to any fresh forage ? Hawthorn and Apple tree leaves are very popular with my Rabbits x

I’ve literally just scrounged some apple tree leaves off my neighbours, then came in and saw your post! He was interested in them then had a nibble but hasn’t really tucked into them. I gave him some loxicom about 11am. Not heard back from the vets yet, but like you Jane am thinking about the hard food being painful to eat. Will try soaking some pellets. The carrot baby food was a miss, but have got some different ones coming in my delivery about tea time.
Beans is loving all the extras as he comes to investigate what Pickle is getting and so I have to give him some.
Not sure if it’s just that it was in the way of where he wanted to sit, but Pickle has just chucked his chew ball https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Boredom-Breaker-Woodies-Fruity-Roller/productinfo/NATUWFR/ in his water bowl. :roll:
Thanks for all the vibes, they do help x

I’ve literally just scrounged some apple tree leaves off my neighbours, then came in and saw your post! He was interested in them then had a nibble but hasn’t really tucked into them. I gave him some loxicom about 11am. Not heard back from the vets yet, but like you Jane am thinking about the hard food being painful to eat. Will try soaking some pellets. The carrot baby food was a miss, but have got some different ones coming in my delivery about tea time.
Beans is loving all the extras as he comes to investigate what Pickle is getting and so I have to give him some.
Not sure if it’s just that it was in the way of where he wanted to sit, but Pickle has just chucked his chew ball https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Boredom-Breaker-Woodies-Fruity-Roller/productinfo/NATUWFR/ in his water bowl. :roll:
Thanks for all the vibes, they do help x
Have you tried him with dandelion or plantain. Archie & Pip love those. Nice and soft if he has got toothy problems.

I’ve just offered him a fenugreek crunchie as he had that “hopeful that a treat might be coming look” and he’s wolfed it down! Pickle, you are well named!

I'm glad he's eaten the crunchie now, that has to be encouraging!

When mine are going through a stasis episode they sometimes do that thing of being really enthusiastic for a treat but don't eat it when I give them one. I've never really known what to make of it, other than it's given me a few seconds of false hope! I guess you have to take the renewed enthusiasm for food as a positive.

I hope Pickle has started to turn the corner now.

We have proper sized poo! Not much admittedly, but it’s a good sign. Clearly all your vibes have been working, thank you! x

Back