• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Pickle Please U/D back to the vets.

Annnnnd, we’re not eating again this morning. I’m thinking this must be a reaction to the antibiotic injection as this is exactly what happened the day after his last on? Tummy is still soft and given him some loxicom, so we’ll see how things go.

How stressful for you :( Poor Pickle. Snowy always used to get like that with antibiotics, so had to have preventative gut medicine alongside every time. Hope he perks up soon xx

Is he on any gut meds?

Nope. I’ll call the vets and get him some if he doesn’t pick up. He totally ignored me at breakfast fenugreek crunchie time. Mum has come to visit for the first time since lockdown and Beans remembered that she gives them crunchies and cane running over for one. Pickle came up to her when she called him and sniffed one, but didn’t take it. The fact at that he came to investigate is an improvement though rather than just sitting in the most awkward place to get near him (under the chair behind the table).

Nope. I’ll call the vets and get him some if he doesn’t pick up. He totally ignored me at breakfast fenugreek crunchie time. Mum has come to visit for the first time since lockdown and Beans remembered that she gives them crunchies and cane running over for one. Pickle came up to her when she called him and sniffed one, but didn’t take it. The fact at that he came to investigate is an improvement though rather than just sitting in the most awkward place to get near him (under the chair behind the table).

:lol:
so typical of rabbits

No pellets eaten again overnight and refused a fenugreek crunchie for breakfast. I gave him some loxicom and 20 minutes later he was gnawing at his wooden toy. Hopping about, behaving normally, not many poos during the morning, but of normal size. By lunchtime he was tucking into hay and happily ate a fenugreek crunchie at tea time. Pickle is certainly living up to his name! He’s a pesky picky pickle now!

No pellets eaten again overnight and refused a fenugreek crunchie for breakfast. I gave him some loxicom and 20 minutes later he was gnawing at his wooden toy. Hopping about, behaving normally, not many poos during the morning, but of normal size. By lunchtime he was tucking into hay and happily ate a fenugreek crunchie at tea time. Pickle is certainly living up to his name! He’s a pesky picky pickle now!
Has he had all his antibiotics now? Hopefully he will then continue to eat because he will feel better and stop being such a pickle!

Yeah, last injection was Saturday and they said it’d last for 4 days. Just keeping a close eye on him and his output for now. Will be straight back to the vets if he isn’t back to normal by the end of the week, or sooner of course if he deteriorates at all.
It’s too stressful having rabbits, why do we do this to ourselves?! :lol:

Pickle :( you are stressing your mummy out!

Back