• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bonding Archie and Pandora 31.07

Sending lots of vibes for your two boys. I hope they're soon home and recovering well.

The Vet has just 'phoned - I can pick them up at 1 pm! She mentioned something about a protective suit, I wasn't sure if she meant for herself or the Bunnies. I was speaking on the MP and I can't catch everything people say. She said they are all right, just feel a little uncomfortable! Thanks for all the vibes. Another person arrived while I was waiting. Her rabbit wasn't eating, so the Vet decided to keep him in. Fingers crossed he is ok.

I’m glad that they can come home. I know some people have used baby vests or a special rabbit suit but I think most people don’t bother, unless they are biting their wounds.

The Vet has just 'phoned - I can pick them up at 1 pm! She mentioned something about a protective suit, I wasn't sure if she meant for herself or the Bunnies. I was speaking on the MP and I can't catch everything people say. She said they are all right, just feel a little uncomfortable! Thanks for all the vibes. Another person arrived while I was waiting. Her rabbit wasn't eating, so the Vet decided to keep him in. Fingers crossed he is ok.

:lol:

When Rudey had his Joey inflicted wound the vet gave us a little green bunnygrow in case he chewed it - well i say gave, it was £25 so watch your bill :)

Pleased to hear your boys are through their ops & hope they recover well

Well, we are home! The boys are as dead - I have never seen a rabbit in this state before. They are both wearing a suit. Should I keep them in the Carriers until they start coming round? I think I will. Can they wee with these suits on? I will keep checking them.

Oh gosh, I hope they soon recover. Perhaps call the vet and ask. I think I would leave them in the carrier until they come round, but keep a close eye on them. I’ve not seen or used those suits but I think the green ones are designed for rabbits so they should be able to.

I'm sorry the boys aren't looking too good. Personally I chuck the bunny grows & call the vets to explain as a very experienced bunny owner you've never seen bunnies look so sedated post GA & ask for advice xx

I'm sorry the boys aren't looking too good. Personally I chuck the bunny grows & call the vets to explain as a very experienced bunny owner you've never seen bunnies look so sedated post GA & ask for advice xx

I agree. This is what I'd do. If they're that out of it they'll not be damaging their wound at all. Have a look at your bill and see what pain relief they have had. Buprenorphine perhaps?

Just looked at bunnygrow, it has a pretty big exit hole so whereas weeing & pooing won't be a problem I don't think ,but what your bunnies reckon to wearing them might be. I hope Omis suggestion of buprenorphine is right xx

I should imagine it's normal for a rabbit to be out of it post op but usually you don't pick them up until much later when they have had time to come round. They are now in the front lying position as opposed to sprawled out. Rabbits are such a worry! Who'd have 'em?

I should imagine it's normal for a rabbit to be out of it post op but usually you don't pick them up until much later when they have had time to come round. They are now in the front lying position as opposed to sprawled out. Rabbits are such a worry! Who'd have 'em?

Oh bless them, I bet they do look sweet though in their little bunnygrows. Sending lots of all better soon vibes for them xx and yes I agree who'd have 'em, but we do and we still love 'em :lol:

So, Archie has crawled out of his pet carrier and is lying on the duvet cover. He is shaking a little bit and can't walk properly yet. Charlie is still in his carrier and is progressing slower.

So, Archie has crawled out of his pet carrier and is lying on the duvet cover. He is shaking a little bit and can't walk properly yet. Charlie is still in his carrier and is progressing slower.

I hope they are ok tonibun. I'd definitely flag it up with your vet. I've picked Boo up an hour after GA for dental (no idea if that would require less sedation than castration) & she was just Boo. One time she was slower to recover & I did flag it up with the surgery. Was buprenorphine given? x

I hope they are ok tonibun. I'd definitely flag it up with your vet. I've picked Boo up an hour after GA for dental (no idea if that would require less sedation than castration) & she was just Boo. One time she was slower to recover & I did flag it up with the surgery. Was buprenorphine given? x

I have no idea what was given. Normally they would have the usual three injections. They didn't give me a bill as I had already paid before the lockdown. So. Archie didn't look too good so I decided to take the Babygro off and it was a bit messy and he is looking a little bit better now. I heard Charlie crunching some Cauliflower stalk so was pleased about that. Hopefully they will be feeling a bit better tomorrow. They've both done a few poohs but no wees.

Back