• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rupert's feeling amorous

Orenoko

Mama Doe
This is our first spring/summer with Rupert and the last few days he is starting to get a bit amorous with poor Lilac, buzzing around her and trying to hump her. Luckily she just hops away and ignores him. He also just runs around the house buzzing away and runs up to us buzzing too looking for strokes. He's taken to jumping on the bed at about 6am most mornings to lick the pillows! Any idea how long this behaviour tends to last? Just a bit worried that Lilac may get fed up of his advances. Luckily I'm working from home 4 out of 5 days a week so I can keep a close eye but I don't want any fighting!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I assume they are both spayed/neutered, and have been done for long enough that hormones have subsided? Has Lilac got any health issues he could be picking up on? Have you made any changes to their environment at all that could have triggered anything? Apart from being home more!

Hi Zoobec

Both been neutered, Lilac was neutered by her previous owner as a baby and is now 6, Rupert was neutered before I got him so about a year ago. No health or environmental changes that I'm aware of other than Lilac going through a big moult. I would say Rupert probably gets more attention from us because he seeks us out whereas Lilac doesn't even like being stroked most of the time so we respect that, I don't know if the extra fuss is a factor at all? Maybe I'm reading way too much into it!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back