• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi Caroline, I hate to say it but we are such a cautious lot here we'd probably struggle with advocating domestic bunnies having unusual friends. There are so many inherent risks of keeping bunnies with other species I'd struggle to promote it

Hi Caroline, I hate to say it but we are such a cautious lot here we'd probably struggle with advocating domestic bunnies having unusual friends. There are so many inherent risks of keeping bunnies with other species I'd struggle to promote it

^^ I think I agree with the above. I don't think you should be promoting rabbits with other animals. a large dog could easily kill a rabbit from stepping on it (or attacking it), likewise a cat or small dog could injure it too. & then rabbits could injure smaller animals like guinea pigs by kicking them and passing diseases. a rat would probably try to murder a rabbit itself lol. putting rabbits with other animals is a recipe for disaster. I know others let their dogs and rabbits free roam together but all I can see is alarm bells - even the most docile dog has a prey drive or could accidentally step on a rabbit. I don't think you're going to find many people here, and honestly I'd rather urge you to not write such an article and find something else, over promoting possibly dangerous ideas into peoples head.

Back