• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Post Deleted*

Hello, and welcome to the forum:wave: I’m sorry you lost Fiver :cry: I think you have some great ideas, if circumstances mean a rabbit does have to be single then it’s better that they are a house rabbit anyway rather than outdoors, providing they have plenty of company. There are some rescues who would allow you to foster a rabbit as a companion for a single rabbit for as long as is necessary, apparently, I thought I would mention that in case it’s an option for you?

Fluffer is very lucky to have you, you are obviously in tune with his needs :love:he sounds a lovely bunny :love:

I think bringing him inside would be a great idea for the reasons you’ve mentioned above and more. With him not being a young rabbit, it’d also be a good idea to keep him in so you can monitor him more closely and observe any medical issues which may arise (arthritis etc) as well as other general health issues in which time is of the essence such as GI stasis. As you mentioned, if he’s inside you’re likely to spend more time with him especially in the winter and observe any behavioural changes, as well as giving him lots of human interaction. Hope it works out well for you!

I'm sorry to here about Fiver :( It is usually recommended for rabbits to live in pairs, however my boy Sonic lived alone all his life, and was totally content :) He sounds similar to Fluffer, any contact always had to be on his terms, otherwise he's get frustrated and be a pain to catch! I would have him out for hours at a time in the garden, and somedays he would totally ignore me :lol: My sisters guinea pig, Finn, became a single boy in Jan, and we've kept a very close eye on him to see if we should introduce a new friend for him, and similarly, we believe that he's actually more relaxed without Jake. I totally understand what you mean, it's really surprised us.

As for bringing him inside, I probably shouldn't advise as Sonic lived outdoors all his life too! He'd make a point of finding the patch where the wind and rain was getting through, and sit in that spot :roll: I would have loved him to be a house bunny, but he would have absolutely hated it! If you can, and he's happy, I would at least try start bringing him inside for a bit every so often?

Back