• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Before I buy a rabbit

Hi so i am new to having a rabbit. I have 2 dogs and love rabbits. I have bought a cage and before I purchase a rabbit I want to have everything ready. I have been reading lots of comments on different sites, also I have u tubed how to keep them busy.
What is the best bed for a rabbit please? and how best can I make it comfy?
Do I need to take the rabbit for injections and get it flee and wormed like my dogs every 3 months?
Do I bath it?
What is the best food for it? How do I keep the rabbit from eating the cage? Sorry!! Before I buy 1 I would like to know all about what dos and don'ts.
Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum. Well done for doing your research before getting your bunny :)

This site will probably answer all of your questions https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/. There is also a lot of valuable information on this forum, as well as very many people very experienced in caring for rabbits. It's very important to provide sufficient space for them to get exercise. In your case it will also be important to make arrangements concerning your dogs.

I would consider rescue rabbits if I were you. There are so many unwanted rabbits living in rescues and you would also have the opportunity of assessing the character of the rabbits. I would also consider, if you can, getting a bonded pair of rabbits as rabbits are extremely social animals and thrive when living with one of their own kind.

Any remaining questions after reading through the link then please just ask :)

Welcome to the forum! I think Omi has given some great advice, but please ask if there’s any questions you can’t find answers for x

Back