• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Underfloor Heating - advice

Vale&Doyle

New Kit
Hi everyone,
I am in the market to buy a flat. I have found the PERFECT place. However, before making an offer, I have a question concerning my 2 bunnies wellbeing.
The apartment has underfloor heating. Now, I have never lived in a flat with underfloor heating so I have no clue about it.
So I would like to know if it's safe for rabbits or if it's too hot or dangerous for them?

thanks so much

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my rabbits are indoor rabbits and they free roam

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I am in the market to buy a flat. I have found the PERFECT place. However, before making an offer, I have a question concerning my 2 bunnies wellbeing.
The apartment has underfloor heating. Now, I have never lived in a flat with underfloor heating so I have no clue about it.
So I would like to know if it's safe for rabbits or if it's too hot or dangerous for them?

thanks so much

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my rabbits are indoor rabbits and they free roam

Hi, I also have two free roam indoor rabbits who live in our kitchen part time which is tiled with underfloor heating. Granted, they have a thick rug where their set up is but one of my rabbits gladly roams around and lies on the tiles (he actually often prefers this to the rug). We only really use it in winter and it doesn’t get very hot at all so we haven’t ever had any problems and can’t see why it could really providing it’s kept on a low(ish) temperature and the bunnies have somewhere to go if they need to cool down.

Underfloor heating SHOULD be designed to be warm but never hot to the touch. It needs to be safe for elderly, children, pets etc. as well. Do you know if it's water-based or electric-heated wire based? I don't know if that would influence your decision but it will influence floor coverings.

We rented somewhere with underfloor heating for 12 months, bunnies loved it & so did we. It was a really gentle warmth

Back