• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Morning!

skahenl

New Kit
I would like to say Good Morning to all. My Name is Le Ann. I am from the US, Danbury, CT to be precise. I recently lost my bunny to illness 3 weeks ago and was heartbroken. My husband has always said "No more pets". I had never attached to one of my animals like I did to bunny and could not get past the guilt of having to put him out of his suffering. He was only 2 1/2 yrs old. I adopted him after he had been returned to the pet store that I was at to get my son a hedgehog. It was completely a spur of the moment decision. My husband was sooo ******. Fast forward and bunny took his spot on the couch as his own and captured everyone's hearts. I used to call him my therapy bunny but in reality, I think he really was. My husband was crushed as much as I was and said we could get another bunny. It was our 24th wedding anniversary, so we went back to the same shop 2 weeks ago and got a baby Holland lop that was 10 weeks old. I named him Bash (short for Sebastian). I would be heartbroken again when Bash would pass away in 3 days. Looking back, I think he had GI issues starting when we got him. I was beyond upset at this point. He searched the shelters and Craig's lists, everything. I wanted a lop eared bun, but not a baby this time. I couldn't handle another loss so soon again. I put several emails out and spoke with 1 very nice lady at a shelter. I saw this one picture and fell in love. His owner couldn't take care of him anymore. He is 4 months old, an English Lop and so sweet! my husband, son and I drove 3 hours each way to Pennsylvania to get him!

My new baby is Coal. He is a very hungry teenage bun, very curious and into everything. He is also going to be very big! He stands up on his back paws and can hop over the baby gates. Oh boy...
I have found him in the garbage (sitting on top), on the kitchen chairs (trying to get onto the table) and just about everywhere he can squish his head into! He is like a puppy bunny! (BTW he was living with 8 dogs beforehand)

Hope to learn a lot from all of you!

Meet Coal:

https://photouploads.com/image/E4VX
https://photouploads.com/image/E4V3

Hi welcome to the forum :wave: so sorry to hear of the loss of your 2 bunnies, but so pleased that Coal has found you. He is a very handsome boy, I look forward to hearing and seeing more about him.

Back