• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal rabbit runs

Alicia

Mama Doe
Are they any good? I’ve heard of ones that rabbits get their heads stuck in and they all seem quite cheap but I’m struggling to find a wooden, sturdy one of a good size

Are they any good? I’ve heard of ones that rabbits get their heads stuck in and they all seem quite cheap but I’m struggling to find a wooden, sturdy one of a good size
I can't remember the website but I had 2 wooden runs made which I'm very happy with, he changed the weld mesh for me and size as he didn't have what I wanted on his website. If you're interested I can have a look through my emails :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

If you get a spare minute and wouldn’t mind looking that would be brilliant. I bought one from home and roost last year but it’s not been great quality and Jelly has managed to get out of it before so now she stays in the shed unless I’m in the garden. I ideally want something quite tall but also long

If you get a spare minute and wouldn’t mind looking that would be brilliant. I bought one from home and roost last year but it’s not been great quality and Jelly has managed to get out of it before so now she stays in the shed unless I’m in the garden. I ideally want something quite tall but also long

Yea I'll have a look in a bit :)

Mines 8ft x 8ft x 3ft and I think it'd 16G weld mesh iirc I think he normally uses 19G but I wanted it thicker, I've got it on top of 12G weld mesh sheets which I attached together so nothing can dig in from underneath.

Some of the metal ones are fine btw (not the ones buns have died in, I saw that, not good is it [emoji21]) but I wouldn't leave mine unattended in one tbh as they aren't as secure.

Some of the metal ones are fine btw (not the ones buns have died in, I saw that, not good is it [emoji21]) but I wouldn't leave mine unattended in one tbh as they aren't as secure.
We've got one and I wouldn't recommend it: it's easy to move, a predator would be into it in minutes. Cats can walk on it and get their paws through easily. Ours has been on concrete and grass and even on grass I could lift one end (which was pegged in) on a damp day with one hand and I'm pretty weak. I don't know if ours is one of the weaker/wider ones, as nobun has got their head stuck, but Chibbs is the smallest bun who's been in it and isn't particularly flighty. The openings are pretty easy to shake open as well, we've had to carabiner one of them. Ours was always a stopgap (it's about 5x3 so quite small) that kinda turned into a permanent thing, but we've had no issues with it and it works for our very specific situation. But no, I can't recommend them!

Okay so the guy who made mine doesn't seem to be doing it anymore :( the website domain doesn't exist anymore and I got it from his emails, so it's definitely right [emoji51] sorry about that!

Happy Habitats Pet Housing on Facebook can make you a run to your specifications and have good reviews. I have one on order, although there is a 12 week wait at the moment. They reply very quickly to messages with a price and they deliver and install. There is also 4wire both on Facebook and website who also have good reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have two Omlet runs. Started smaller (7'x7' single height. That was too much like hard work for us adults so have expanded to 10x7 double height with a hutch inside.

Here's a link https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/rabbit_products/outdoor_rabbit_run/

We have a smaller model for the GPs on the lawn. We get foxes so all indoors overnight and bunnies only roam the garden under supervision. But feel reasonably confident against the foxes. Enough to leave them in daytime, when we know from bad experiences that the foxes still come around.

Back