• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian and Leo

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
For the last couple of weeks, when I have come downstairs in the morning at 6am, Leo runs out to greet me and when I observe him, he has been looking as though he's just come out of the shower. His fur around his head, ears and back looked scraggy and very much as though Leo had been subject to a complete body wash. So I've had to get the brush out and smooth out his fur. I've been puzzled as to why this has been although I made an assumption that there must have been an element of Lillian grooming Leo. I have seen Lillian groom Leo but only briefly - it is not something she's really taken to.
Then, this morning, I came downstairs and there's no sign of Lillian and Leo. Lillian is usually found lying in the middle between the box and the en suite area. Leo is usually sitting near the window to the garden.
So I bent over, looked under the covers and discovered why Leo is looking like he's just been showered. He's lying flat out, lording it, with Lillian lying 90 degrees across him giving him a right old licking.........
dMWTndr.jpg
[/IMG]

I've never seen this behaviour from Lillian before, certainly not with Henry. She and Henry would communal groom and were very intense about it, but this today - this was different. Quite amazing and in a funny way, quite beautiful...

Oh Craig that is just so sweet, and just what was needed today, a Lillian and Leo precious moment caught on camera xxxx

He's her "pretend" baby! :D Can I see another bunny there?

Yes and no. The bunny on the right near the box is in fact a toy one and has been used to comfort/support all the bunnies when they are on their own. It’s been incredibly useful for vet trips and helping in times of grief.

:lol::lol:
Yeah - he looks like he’s suffering doesn’t he!

I wasn't suggesting he was suffering :lol: As I understand it people buy the extra heavy duvets because they prefer them. I almost added to my post that he must find it enjoyable otherwise he would move away.

I wasn't suggesting he was suffering :lol: As I understand it people buy the extra heavy duvets because they prefer them. I almost added to my post that he must find it enjoyable otherwise he would move away.

It’s ok omi, I knew what you meant - I’m a fan of those big duvets and with the floof monster sprawled on top of him, Leo must feel quite cosy - and squished! If he didn’t like it, he could always move, but he is a bun that likes attention. He’ll put up with it.

Back