• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Priscilla mammary lump

willowflower27

Mama Doe
So as things often do for me and Priscilla we have hit another bump (literally) and once again I have some tricky choices to make

Obviously her pelvis is a mess , spondylosis and sore hock on one remaining back leg which I am managing with pain meds and manuka honey, however she is also entire and having seen her CT scan and talking it over with savvy rabbit vets we decided not to spay it wouldn't be in her best interest,

Now however she went into a pseudo pregnancy developed mammary glands and generally grumpy all resolved by itself in around 2 weeks ish except one lump, now my choices are a) do nothing carry on as normal giving her love and support or b) potentially have the lump removed accepting that if it is malignant spread may have already occurred and I'd probably have to spay her

Not sure my point in this post really my feelings are the lump removal would be unfair and I certainly won't spay her which has been hard coming to terms with in and of itself but with her pelvis pathology and anaesthetic risks it's off the table .

I guess I'm looking for some support really has anyone nurses a mammary tumor bunny? What am I looking at ? The lump is barely the size of a pin head it's regular in shape.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Obviously it is not my decision but if it were it would be Palliative care, tons and tons of TLC and make every day special for her. If she has numerous pseudopregnancies which cause her distress maybe a Suprelorin implant (used off licence ) would be an option ?

Obviously it is not my decision but if it were it would be Palliative care, tons and tons of TLC and make every day special for her. If she has numerous pseudopregnancies which cause her distress maybe a Suprelorin implant (used off licence ) would be an option ?
Thank you Jane this is her first pseudo pregnancy and behaviour wise she seems to be back to normal and is still binkying about it, I feel with her pelvis issues she's already on palliative care anyway and really don't want to put her through surgeries etc , I'll mention the suprelorin implant next time I speak to vet school I need to call them next week with my decision , it just infuriates me that due to previous owners negligence that missy p is in this predicament she really is the most affectionate soul considering everything she went through

Many years ago I had three sisters who all developed mammary tumors.TS and Midnight had surgery,yet returned. Snuggles got supportive care.

Do you mind me asking how long before the tumours returned?

One bunny did better than the other, though months,not years.. Though once tumors returned they continued to eat and be happy for many more months.Jane gave you great advice.

I don’t have any experience of this but I’m sending lots of hugs and vibes xx

I don't have any experience either, but want to add my good wishes and lots of vibes for you and your bunny xxxx

Back