• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

leafy greens

what leafy greens are the best that I can feed often.

It's best to feed a variety of green food and concentrate on the ones which your bunny likes to eat.

I feed lots of different herbs, including Parley, Dill, Oregano, Coriander, Basil and Mint. As far as vegetables go, I tend to stick to leafy greens such as Kale and Spinach, although that's mainly because we have those in the garden. Any leafy greens are fine. I don't feed carrots, apart from the occasional carrot top. I also feed lots and lots of forage and tree leaves. The forage is whatever is growing currently and here that is Geranium, Plantain, Dandelion, Mallow and Herb Robert. Tree leaves can be from any tree which is OK for rabbits to eat such as Hazel, Willow, Ash and Hawthorn. Freshly picked grass is also a favourite with bunnies. I feed my rabbits handfuls of a selection of these foods several times a day and very few pellets.

When introducing new greens give one new item at a time in small quantities to see if your bunny gets gas or soft droppings.

I tend to stick to Spring Greens. I have quite a lot of rabbits and none have a problem with this. You can also feed deep green Cabbage.

fruit tree leaves are a favourite here especially apple, pear & plum.

also broccoli, including calabrese stems which is handy because these are wasted otherwise (by humans)

carrot tops

Boysie says plum tree leaves :)

ZCOTN2a.jpg

I’ve always avoided Plum leaves because they are a stoned fruit and thought the whole tree was a no. Are the leaves okay? What about cherries?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back