• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newspaper

Bumblebea

New Kit
Where does everyone get their newspaper from?! Do you literally buy them off the shelf or is there a recycling place you can get them?

I know this is a ridiculous question haha but it seems crazy to buy the newspaper off the shelf to put it down in a litter tray 😂

*I also don't like funding some of the terrible papers out there!

Neighbours are a good source. Our local newspaper gives me lots. They aren't open at the moment so I am a bit low.

Back in the "normal" days we collected them from family and friends. For the past seven weeks ago I have utilised my weekday daily exercise to walk past the train station and liberate a few Metros other than that, the supermarkets often have a stack of freebies

Richard
Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Family, neighbours and colleagues, so much so that I have to hide some in my recycle bin as I dont want to offend anyone but have too many to use.

In normal circumstances I’ve been known to get some out of the recycling bin at the supermarket!

Family and friends. Someone picks up multiple Metros a few times a week when they travel to work. Sometimes a bag of papers randomly appears on my doorstep / over the gate. Mainly I get a 'bulk' delivery every month or so. I try to make sure they all get the bags back to refill. If desperate, I start to look at recycling bags left out 'over the border' - there are different council kerbside recycling facilities within a short walk, so I could take the dogs and an empty rucksack on a certain day, but haven't had to resort to that yet.

I use newspaper with my lionhead because many litters get caught in her fur. As more people go digital it is harder to find.

My parents keep theirs (they get a Sunday newspaper and a local weekly) and I get them when we visit each other. Luckily I have a good stash as they're shielding and 140mi away! The corner shop near me is still open and I think would give me their leftovers if I asked :) I don't like the Metro because I have to take the staples out :lol: But my Dad goes to collect his daily (or rather one of his usual deliverees does at the moment!), keeps him busy ;P I do use those for firestarting though :thumb: I like it because it's much cheaper than the alternatives :)

I normally get them from co-workers but obviously not at the moment. I had a bit of a store and have been rationing them and using a little less than usual but am now getting to the end. I’m considering using old towels or fabric instead and then washing these when I have a few. I can’t use megazorb, last time I used it I had a few coughing fits and ended up wheezing and struggling for breath, seem to be allergic.

Back