• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good idea

Jules58

New Kit
I have a 7 month old lion head bunny which I have only had for 2 weeks. I made her pen from grids for when she arrived and although I tried putting her to bed at night she just jumps out as it doesn't have a roof. So she free roams which I don't have a problem with. Occasionally she will lie in the pen and goes in there for her food but she sleeps behind the sofa. My dilemma is do I just take the pen down? Having had her for such a short time will this upset her. Any advice gratefully received.

It all depends on the bunny I guess. You could take the pen down, providing the room(s) she free roams in are bunny proofed and there aren’t any major potential risks for her (exposed cords/things she can chew on or ingest which she shouldn’t). However, if you do this make sure that you provide some sort of set up area for her (like a safe space she can go to to get away) with her food water and litter tray, toys, etc. Also make sure she has enough hidey houses with ideally two or more exits which she can go in if she gets scared. If she’s already tried jumping out of the area then I’d say she prefers to free roam and providing it is safe, this is what I’d do.

Back