• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Missing my boy

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I am missing Jims so much, I am 'coping' because I have no choice but it still hurts so much.
I still cant open the bag from the crematorium which has the blanket he was wrapped up in and fur clipping etc, I have 'him' in a bunny urn by my bed.
I just cant 'accept' that he is no longer here, that I will never be able to snuggle his little face or kiss his little nose, nose bump with a kiss, tickle his little bum and watch him binky away.
Its so cruel that he suffered the way he did, he was an angel why did he have to go like that?
When ever I think of how he passed I cant help but cry, I miss my boy so much. I am in tears writing this.

The greater the love, the greater the loss. You were so lucky to have found a bunny like Jims. Having a soul bunny is such and honor, and the loss of a soul bunny can cause a deep wound. Sending you lots of gentle hugs.

Its strange as obviously the week leading up to his death, when he passed and having to take him to be cremated the pain was immeasurable and I thought I was going to die my heart hurt so much, following those days the pain kind of made me numb I think and I questioned why I wasn't feeling the devastation I expected and wondered what that meant but I think I felt that way because I still felt Jims with me, I cried every night for about a year, I still do very often and when I am driving and certain songs come on I will just burst in to tears.
I just want to have him back with me, he was my best friend, my soul mate and I don't feel complete without him. I miss him so much and just want to cuddle him again. I feel like I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to him as when he was passing I was trying my hardest to 'get through' those few minutes without falling apart all I said to him was 'sshhh' and 'mummys here' I should have been telling him 'I love you so much' but that's not the last thing he heard and I will never forgive myself for that. he meant and still means the world to me and I don't know if he knows that.

Last edited:
The fact that you were with him at the end, he would have heard your voice and that would have calmed and comforted him, I honestly don't think the words themselves would have mattered. You were there with him, that would be all he wanted. Big hugs xxxx

You don't need to tell Jim that you loved him - he knew. Love is such a strong emotion that it is sensed and rarely needs to be enforced with words. For us who have and continue to care deeply and passionately for our pets, rabbits and others, we all know the deep and unbreakable bond that we share.
I'm sure most of us have lost soul bunnies - and I'm sure for most of us we live with a degree of pain over the loss. I am still very raw over the loss of a bunny who meant more to me than I realised. Being with him during those final hours was a moment in time that one never forgets nor should they.
We always lose a piece of our heart when we lose our bunny companions - they take it with them. But Jim knew how much you loved him, and his spirit and soul will live with you always. Memories that you share will always serve as a reminder - that is Jims way of being a part of your life as much as you were his.
We all find times difficult, and I, like you, spend a part each and every day remembering the special rabbit who left me a few months ago. I still shed a tear or two most days, but it's my way of remembering him.
Sharing how you feel on the forum is very personal and shows how much you care and hopefully from the replies above, you can see that we do all feel similar feelings and I know very much how you feel.
Sending you hugs - it is a very unique pain but you are not alone with that.
Craig xx

Its strange as obviously the week leading up to his death, when he passed and having to take him to be cremated the pain was immeasurable and I thought I was going to die my heart hurt so much, following those days the pain kind of made me numb I think and I questioned why I wasn't feeling the devastation I expected and wondered what that meant but I think I felt that way because I still felt Jims with me, I cried every night for about a year, I still do very often and when I am driving and certain songs come on I will just burst in to tears.
I just want to have him back with me, he was my best friend, my soul mate and I don't feel complete without him. I miss him so much and just want to cuddle him again. I feel like I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to him as when he was passing I was trying my hardest to 'get through' those few minutes without falling apart all I said to him was 'sshhh' and 'mummys here' I should have been telling him 'I love you so much' but that's not the last thing he heard and I will never forgive myself for that. he meant and still means the world to me and I don't know if he knows that.
Some things do not need to be verbalized. Jims felt your love in your touch,in your comforting tone, and in every beat of your heart. How wonderful that he was able to spend his final moments with someone who loves him --with someone he loved.
It is so difficult to see your beloved pet pass away and sometimes following those final moments , along with the emptiness I felt a small amount of relief if a pet was struggling in those last moments. Then tears soak my pillow as I hold my lifeless friend one final time. Tears pour out as I type this to let you know I understand your loss.

Back