• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spudsey has gone to rainbow bridge

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hi everybody
Just letting you know that my wildie Spudsey went to rainbow bridge this morning aged 13 years old. Huge thank you to everyone on this forum that helped me over the years, particularly when we were hand rearing Spudsey and her three brothers all those years ago, and more recently with all her recent issues. She lost use of her back legs entirely over the weekend, we had been vets with her again on Friday and Simon could also feel a small lump near her liver. We thought we might have to take her again this morning but thankfully she went naturally at about 9.30 this morning.
I am absolutely distraught, she was my baby :cry:

Hi everybody
Just letting you know that my wildie Spudsey went to rainbow bridge this morning aged 13 years old. Huge thank you to everyone on this forum that helped me over the years, particularly when we were hand rearing Spudsey and her three brothers all those years ago, and more recently with all her recent issues. She lost use of her back legs entirely over the weekend, we had been vets with her again on Friday and Simon could also feel a small lump near her liver. We thought we might have to take her again this morning but thankfully she went naturally at about 9.30 this morning.
I am absolutely distraught, she was my baby :cry:

Oh no :cry: Oh goodness I am so very sorry. I remember Spudsey from the very start, when you rescued her and hand reared her. Your heart must be in pieces :cry: In time I hope that knowing what an exceptionally long and happy life you gave her will offer you some comfort. I doubt that there are many Wildies who make it to be 13

Farewell for now dear little Spudsey :love:

:cry:

Oh no :cry: Oh goodness I am so very sorry. I remember Spudsey from the very start, when you rescued her and hand reared her. Your heart must be in pieces :cry: In time I hope that knowing what an exceptionally long and happy life you gave her will offer you some comfort. I doubt that there are many Wildies who make it to be 13

Farewell for now dear little Spudsey :love:

:cry:

Thank you so much Jane! I am absolutely gutted but thankful that we have been working from home and she has been by my side for the last two months and we were both here when she left us x

I’m so very sorry:cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Spudsey xx

I'm so very sorry, glad you got to spend quality time with her these past two months, and that you were with her at the end. Binky free Spudsey xxx

I am so sorry for your loss of Spudsey. She had a good life, one she would not have had without you to care for her from the beginning, so she truly was your baby. I have no doubt she loved you as much as you loved her. It was wonderful that you and your OH were able to spend extra time with her as you worked from home.
Sending you lots of hugs.

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone ❤️ we took her to a pet crematorium yesterday morning so we had her back with us in just a few hours.

Our house doesn't feel right at all at the moment, rehoming her food etc especially her treat jar feels very wrong! I keep hearing noises from the kitchen now and again and hope her spirit is still hopping around me 🙏

Back