• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring for patio garden - Sore hocks

Leesa

Warren Scout
Fudge has sore hocks, the fur is thinned out (but thankfully some still covers, but there are patches with no fur underneath) and I have been treating them but the fur hasn't grown back yet. Utilising foam mats indoors which has worked, but outdoors I've found has become an issue. I have a little patio area where he can come out with me when it's a nice day - he can go back in as he pleases so it works well. This year to help his feet I put down his 2 beds, pop up pen, a towel and picnic mat, sectioning off half of it. But I've noticed today that his sore hocks have become red again, so I need to get something better.

I don't want to use the interlocking foam mats because I want something that is a quick easy set up. So I was thinking something that something that could be rolled up or even something permanent. Any suggestions please? Grass wouldn't be an option because it's literally a small patio area that opens out from my lounge door. Thanks

How about some rubber matting? You can get rubber stable matting, or anti fatigue matting on a roll.

Back