• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could we have some Treacle vibes please

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
I'm really kicking myself as the past couple of days, there has been a couple of little wee spots on the fleece, outside of the litter tray. I just thought I'd keep on eye it. Came down about 6am this morning, she was lying flat and breathing fast, lying in a puddle of wee. Picked her up, cleaned her, and dried her off. Refused any food, so made up some c.c and syringed some down her, followed by a dose of metacam.Vet only operating out of main practice 15 mile away, and I've no transport anyway. Decided to give her dose of abx left over from this time last year, prescribed for same thing. I rang vets anyway and left message, and had a call back at lunchtime from same vet who treated her last year, for same thing. She said I'd done absolutely the right thing in the circumstances, to carry on with meds for a few days and see how she goes. Pleased to say she's rallied quite a bit, is mooching about, cleaned herself, has had a drink and nibbled on hay and grass.
Any spare vibes would be much appreciated that she continues like this, she's such a good girl, even came for a nose rub. Thank you for reading xx

Poor Treacle. Millions and billions of vibes being sent from us here. Leo sends special nose rubs for Treacle and hope she feels better soon. Xx

Poor Treacle :( sending a million vibes for you both xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks everybun, and Treacle says a special thanks to Leo. She managed most of her tea and has nibbled at hay and grass off and on, we've had a couple of little wees in the litter box, but apart from that she's just been flopped, still a vast improvement from this morning. Vibes much appreciated xx

Lots of vibes for Treacle xx It's good that she's been eating a bit for herself, hopefully she'll be right as rain very soon.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone x she looks a lot brighter this morning, and no puddles ! some damp paper in the litter box. Meds done and a slice of nana being a good girl. Thanks for all the vibes, they seem to be working xxx

Topping up the vibes this morning for Treacle. Nana treat sounds a good way to reward her and hope she continues to improve. xx

Back