• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adult vs Young Rabbit Food

Maddie220790

Young Bun
Hi!

A fairly quick question...
I order Oxbow pellets online for my 4.5 year old minilop and get the Adult Essentials.
This time, they sent me Young Rabbit Food (Oxbow) and I didn't notice until after I opened them so can't return them now!
Do you know if these are okay to give my rabbit in moderation? Or is it a total no-no?

Many thanks!

Hi!

A fairly quick question...
I order Oxbow pellets online for my 4.5 year old minilop and get the Adult Essentials.
This time, they sent me Young Rabbit Food (Oxbow) and I didn't notice until after I opened them so can't return them now!
Do you know if these are okay to give my rabbit in moderation? Or is it a total no-no?

Many thanks!

These will be perfectly OK to give to your rabbit. Junior pellets have slightly different nutritional qualities to the adult ones. This is mainly that the junior ones usually have a higher protein content. They will probably also be a slightly higher calorific content, so I would feed a slightly smaller amount.

These will be perfectly OK to give to your rabbit. Junior pellets have slightly different nutritional qualities to the adult ones. This is mainly that the junior ones usually have a higher protein content. They will probably also be a slightly higher calorific content, so I would feed a slightly smaller amount.

I agree with Omi :thumb:

Back