• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny behavior when petting???

hi! this is my first time posting so forgive me if its been a thread before, but I haven't had bunnies since I was little and am still relearning how to read their body language. my bunny is a dwarf male and whenever I pet him he will lay down with his tummy flat against the floor and his front legs stretched forward which I thought meant he liked it, but he also is so shaky all the time so I don't know if I'm scaring him! he's gotten a lot more comfortable around me since I got him and I dont know if the shaking is just his nose and because bunnies do that or if he's scared:(

this happens with my neighbors rabbit as well! i think when your petting them you place your hand on their back and thats the way predators bite their prey. i would suggest having your rabbit get used to you and then approaching from the side of their face and moving your way slowly down his back. Rabbits have eyes on their sides so they cant see infront of them or behind them. this might be why im not exactly sure...i hope this helped

hi! this is my first time posting so forgive me if its been a thread before, but I haven't had bunnies since I was little and am still relearning how to read their body language. my bunny is a dwarf male and whenever I pet him he will lay down with his tummy flat against the floor and his front legs stretched forward which I thought meant he liked it, but he also is so shaky all the time so I don't know if I'm scaring him! he's gotten a lot more comfortable around me since I got him and I dont know if the shaking is just his nose and because bunnies do that or if he's scared:(
Is it teeth chattering? Because mine do that when they settle down for pets sometimes, means they're enjoying it :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not an expert either but I do not think a bunny that was scared would lie down and extend feet forwards. They might freeze but not move into a comfy position.

Back