• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poop question

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Morning.

I just got up to find poop on the landing floor. OH had left it for me. [emoji33] It was soft like peanut butter, but dark brown, not runny. So I'm guessing unformed ceco? Sorry no photo. Both buns were sitting next to it, I checked their cute bums and couldn't see anything stuck to them. Phew.

I've noticed the odd uneaten ceco after medication, but never at any other time. They are both munching hay and seem normal. Could they have just had too many treats? We are also giving them Timothy hay, which they don't normally have. Their treats are all natural forage. Their litter tray has lots of normal boulders in it.

Might just be a one off incident and I would not be overly concerned given that everything else is fine. Maybe cut back on the treats if they are the shop bought type that sometimes contain grains too :)

Might just be a one off incident and I would not be overly concerned given that everything else is fine. Maybe cut back on the treats if they are the shop bought type that sometimes contain grains too :)
Thanks Jane. I did give them some new science selective natural stick treats. That were blackberry flavour. So maybe it was them.

Morning.

I just got up to find poop on the landing floor. OH had left it for me. [emoji33] It was soft like peanut butter, but dark brown, not runny. So I'm guessing unformed ceco? Sorry no photo. Both buns were sitting next to it, I checked their cute bums and couldn't see anything stuck to them. Phew.

I've noticed the odd uneaten ceco after medication, but never at any other time. They are both munching hay and seem normal. Could they have just had too many treats? We are also giving them Timothy hay, which they don't normally have. Their treats are all natural forage. Their litter tray has lots of normal boulders in it.

This had me wondering about your OH's toilet habits.:lol:

Which ingredient in them do you think is bad?

i've tried them with willow stick and apple sticks and they just totally ignore them [emoji21]

They eat dandelion root. It's one of their favourites, but she just uses the back teeth. I needed something to gnaw.

I bought some of the parsley covered sticks from hay experts and they just licked them off. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

They have got meadow hay cookies, which she is using her incisors on. But thought the selection sticks were ok. [emoji51]

Last edited:
Flour, peas, oils... They're treats in every sense of the word, same as feeding humans chocolate :)
Oh. [emoji21] I thought I'd been so good with finding these. I don't want to waste them, but don't want to give the buns bad things. Do you think if I just gave them occasionally a tiny bit of each stick it would be ok?

Oh. [emoji21] I thought I'd been so good with finding these. I don't want to waste them, but don't want to give the buns bad things. Do you think if I just gave them occasionally a tiny bit of each stick it would be ok?
Raven has been eating their garden sticks for months, so I purchased a box of the forest sticks for variety. Now I wonder if I should not even try these.

Back