• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding baby rabbits

English Lops are quite big, this one looks like a Dwarf Lop but he is still young. What is the Lionhead's temperament like? They are usually quite sweet. The runs should be ok as you also let them out to have a run round the garden. Have you had a look on the Rabbit Welfare Association's website? It's full of excellent advice regarding diet, housing, bonding etc. Also, if you join, you receive a lovely Magazine every month with very educational articles in it and beautiful photos! Did your rabbits get the triple vaccine? Not all Vets have got it in yet.

The lionhead is still a little nervous, they see me as the treat person so when I approach the Dwarf lop (Max) runs straight over to see what I’ve got but the lionhead (Peter) takes a bit of encouragement to come out, the same as when they are in the garden, when I let Max out and start cleaning his hutch he runs to me and try’s to climb in my slipper haha, when we let Peter out he runs round but doesn’t run over to us, he’s extremely fast, we should have called them Jackson and Bolt as Max jumps all the time and Peter runs really fast.
I’ll have a look at the website thank you for letting me know.

The rabbits went in for their castration today, the vets just rang, unfortunately the lionhead had a cardiac arrest coming out of anaesthetic and passed away, I’m a mess.
I really don’t know what to do, I keep being told that we can’t just have one rabbit and that they need to be in pairs but I can’t keep losing them.

The rabbits went in for their castration today, the vets just rang, unfortunately the lionhead had a cardiac arrest coming out of anaesthetic and passed away, I’m a mess.
I really don’t know what to do, I keep being told that we can’t just have one rabbit and that they need to be in pairs but I can’t keep losing them.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this :( When you are ready would adopting an already spayed rabbit be an option for you? Then you don't need to worry about another G/A

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this :( When you are ready would adopting an already spayed rabbit be an option for you? Then you don't need to worry about another G/A

Oh I'm so sorry :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I would definitely prefer to get an already sprayed bunnie, I really can’t go through this again.
The vet said we shouldn’t house just one rabbit, is this true? Would you suggest getting a female?

I would definitely prefer to get an already sprayed bunnie, I really can’t go through this again.
The vet said we shouldn’t house just one rabbit, is this true? Would you suggest getting a female?
Rabbits do need a friend, obviously your other bun will need to come home and recover anyway, so if I was you I'd contact some rescues and hopefully when your bun is healed they can help you find him a friend :) a spayed female would probably be best. Really sorry again this has happened x

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I’m so very sorry :cry: I agree with the advice you’ve been given about finding a friend for your bunny. A good rescue will be able to suggest a good match for your rabbit.

We’ve kept the other rabbit in a cage indoors so we could keep an eye on him, his bowels are back to normal and eating well, I’m just trying to work out the best time to put him back in his outdoor hutch, I think the hamsters have been keeping him awake all night.

Back