• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are everyone's buns doing in the heat?

Graciee

Staff member
It's 28 degrees in the backroom here and Clementine is full stretch out in front of her fan (yes she has her own special fan [emoji38])

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'd rather be indoors (where it's cold enough that, in shorts and tshirt, my hands are cold and I have goosebumps sometimes :love:) but they're doing OK. Their house is even cooler now it's white too :) They spent most of Sunday and yesterday afternoon (the times I was watching them) alternating between eating and flopping :)

I'm sure they'd rather be indoors (where it's cold enough that, in shorts and tshirt, my hands are cold and I have goosebumps sometimes :love:) but they're doing OK. Their house is even cooler now it's white too :) They spent most of Sunday and yesterday afternoon (the times I was watching them) alternating between eating and flopping :)
Blimey! Must be nice to have a chilly house :)

Its 27 degrees outside in the shade here today, so we're doing okay with only 28 inside on the south facing bit tbh, normally this side of the house gets boiling and the North side stays kinda cool but not freezing[emoji38][emoji38]

Apparently tomorrow there's going to be thunderstorm and lightning here, not looking forward to that for the outside buns :(

Mousey was asked if she wanted the log burner on & she said no. Its the first time. Its 21 in the house

It's boiling here, I'm hiding in the shade outside. Archie and Pip are sitting upstairs where it's much hotter and on a fleecy square, so they obviously don't mind being roasting hot. [emoji2360] they could be chilling downstairs in a cool breeze.

It's boiling here, I'm hiding in the shade outside. Archie and Pip are sitting upstairs where it's much hotter and on a fleecy square, so they obviously don't mind being roasting hot. [emoji2360] they could be chilling downstairs in a cool breeze.
Hah yea, white buns are in their hutch which is sat in the sun now... There's a whole run with another hutch completely in the shade.. But ofc they aren't sitting there [emoji38]

Mousey was asked if she wanted the log burner on & she said no. Its the first time. Its 21 in the house
That's pretty toasty: I get on with 18.5+ inside and just sitting around inactively without trousers or a blanket (shorts + blanket is not uncommon in the evenings though). It's been 19.8 most of the day in the front room where I am, and much more than 20 starts to feel warm. OH has opened his 'office' window for the first time today, and it's usually 25+ in there on days like this, even with the curtains shut.

It is disticntly cooler in the shade here, wich is nice: I just went and sat with the bunnies while I ate an ice lolly :) Too cold inside for an ice lolly, but just right outside! It's not very humid here either, so it's actually not that bad despite being 25 (my usual 'maximum'). Bunnies seem warm but not uncomfortable :)

Mine are enjoying the sunshine especially early morning. When it gets warmer they just lie around. A few are moulting and I could smell a fox outside the gate this morning.

Hah yea, white buns are in their hutch which is sat in the sun now... There's a whole run with another hutch completely in the shade.. But ofc they aren't sitting there [emoji38]

They obviously know something we don't. [emoji1787]

They obviously know something we don't. [emoji1787]
Yea clearly [emoji38] 6pm came and they were springy around in the run and then lounging in the other hutch flopped together [emoji849] I mean yes it was still cool and shady there then and there was a nice breeze but I feel like it would've made much more sense being in that one in the day aswell [emoji38]

No accounting for sense: Lopsy often spends the whole morning sleeping (by choice) in the sun. He gets so hot his black fur is really warm to the touch, but underneath it all he's still an OK temperature. He usually sticks his bum in the sun (sunny bunny bums!) so maybe he's getting his aging bones (and potantial burgeoning arthritis) warmed through for a day of mischief :lol:

Yea clearly [emoji38] 6pm came and they were springy around in the run and then lounging in the other hutch flopped together [emoji849] I mean yes it was still cool and shady there then and there was a nice breeze but I feel like it would've made much more sense being in that one in the day aswell [emoji38]

Well it's hotter today and the buns are both sat bun loafing on the carpeted hot stairs [emoji1745] no desire to keep themselves cool at all. The coolest room is the lounge and they only venture down in the evening once it gets cooler. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Back