Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are everyone's buns doing in the heat?

Default How are everyone's buns doing in the heat?

It's 28 degrees in the backroom here and Clementine is full stretch out in front of her fan (yes she has her own special fan )

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'd rather be indoors (where it's cold enough that, in shorts and tshirt, my hands are cold and I have goosebumps sometimes ) but they're doing OK. Their house is even cooler now it's white too They spent most of Sunday and yesterday afternoon (the times I was watching them) alternating between eating and flopping
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    I'm sure they'd rather be indoors (where it's cold enough that, in shorts and tshirt, my hands are cold and I have goosebumps sometimes ) but they're doing OK. Their house is even cooler now it's white too They spent most of Sunday and yesterday afternoon (the times I was watching them) alternating between eating and flopping
    Blimey! Must be nice to have a chilly house

Its 27 degrees outside in the shade here today, so we're doing okay with only 28 inside on the south facing bit tbh, normally this side of the house gets boiling and the North side stays kinda cool but not freezing

Apparently tomorrow there's going to be thunderstorm and lightning here, not looking forward to that for the outside buns

Oh man. It's only May and we have the air con and all the fans going!

Mousey was asked if she wanted the log burner on & she said no. Its the first time. Its 21 in the house

It's boiling here, I'm hiding in the shade outside. Archie and Pip are sitting upstairs where it's much hotter and on a fleecy square, so they obviously don't mind being roasting hot. they could be chilling downstairs in a cool breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    It's boiling here, I'm hiding in the shade outside. Archie and Pip are sitting upstairs where it's much hotter and on a fleecy square, so they obviously don't mind being roasting hot. they could be chilling downstairs in a cool breeze.
    Hah yea, white buns are in their hutch which is sat in the sun now... There's a whole run with another hutch completely in the shade.. But ofc they aren't sitting there

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Mousey was asked if she wanted the log burner on & she said no. Its the first time. Its 21 in the house
    That's pretty toasty: I get on with 18.5+ inside and just sitting around inactively without trousers or a blanket (shorts + blanket is not uncommon in the evenings though). It's been 19.8 most of the day in the front room where I am, and much more than 20 starts to feel warm. OH has opened his 'office' window for the first time today, and it's usually 25+ in there on days like this, even with the curtains shut.

It is disticntly cooler in the shade here, wich is nice: I just went and sat with the bunnies while I ate an ice lolly Too cold inside for an ice lolly, but just right outside! It's not very humid here either, so it's actually not that bad despite being 25 (my usual 'maximum'). Bunnies seem warm but not uncomfortable
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

Mine are enjoying the sunshine especially early morning. When it gets warmer they just lie around. A few are moulting and I could smell a fox outside the gate this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Hah yea, white buns are in their hutch which is sat in the sun now... There's a whole run with another hutch completely in the shade.. But ofc they aren't sitting there

They obviously know something we don't.