• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit veggies

what leafy greens are best that I can feed everyday. a lot of vegetables cant be fed everyday because theyre too watery/ too acidic and I cant change what vegetables I get every week so what greens are best everyday for a bunny

I would try to get your rabbit eating more hay, as I mentioned in your other thread. My bunnies get dried and wild forage herbs and grass, and they love apple sticks. I don’t give my rabbits many vegetables, they don’t have them very often!

I agree with Zoobec, hay should be around 80% of a rabbit’s diet. However, I’ve found spring greens, romaine lettuce (never give iceberg varieties to rabbits), kale (in small amounts) and herbs such as basil, tarragon, thyme and mint are favourites of my bunnies.

I tend to stick to Spring Greens but they also have Cauliflower stalk, Cabbage and a small piece of Carrot (treat).

Back