• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

has anyone used petsathome oaty mix, and is it good for rabbits. also how to get a bunny to eat more hay, and If your rabbit is simply on pellets no veg, how much pellets in cup size

Pellets, I think an egg cup is what is recommended (ours only have a few pellets, which are hand fed)
Regarding hay, I haven't tried the hay you are suggesting, ours buns favourite at the moment is a hay we got from a equine supplier. The other one they like, and one which is often recommend on here is from www.timothyhay.co.uk

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

What is pets at home oaty mix? I haven’t seen this, although my bunnies have hay from online suppliers- they prefer Timothy hay which I buy from timothyhay,co.uk, hay box and hay and straw.co.uk. They also like sweet green hay from nature’s own. How old are your rabbits? Mine don’t get pellets, they have hay, dried and fresh forage, apple sticks and around 3 or 4 fibafirst sticks each. When I did feed pellets it would be an egg cup full per rabbit per day maximum. To try to encourage your rabbits to eat more hay I would slowly decrease their pellet ration if they get a lot, and experiment with feeding different hays to see which they prefer. The pet shop hays don’t go down well at all here tbh, and I can understand as it doesn’t seem to smell very appetising!

I want to get hay from farmers but theres not many here and I doubt my mum would drive there.. so for now im trying the green good looking hays from petsathome. and oaty mix is this hay with im guessing oat hay and flowers and its very green and long but hard so hes not eating that much either..

Petsathome hays

im having a problem with my rabbit eating hay, he wont eat the pah bales of hay, or the oaty mix/chamomile harvest. I am interested in scientist select hay as its pellets are one of the best in the uk apparently, but also the burgess timothy hay. what hay would you recommend?

im having a problem with my rabbit eating hay, he wont eat the pah bales of hay, or the oaty mix/chamomile harvest. I am interested in scientist select hay as its pellets are one of the best in the uk apparently, but also the burgess timothy hay. what hay would you recommend?

I’ve merged this thread with your other one so people know what advice you have already been given. I would stick to buying hay online tbh, lots of the places I mentioned send out samples too.i would try him on lots of different hay to see which he likes best.

Hay (important)

my rabbit merlin eats little hay, less than the size of his head so im experimenting with different hays from petsathome but most of them are really bad so does anyone know online hays that are good but aren't too expensive and would last quite a while?

my rabbit merlin eats little hay, less than the size of his head so im experimenting with different hays from petsathome but most of them are really bad so does anyone know online hays that are good but aren't too expensive and would last quite a while?
I’ve merged this thread with the other thread you started about hay, as you’ve been given good advice here already regarding suppliers etc. Hopefully other people can add their recommendations to the list then.

petsathome hay

what hays better for picky eaters - excel burgess dried grass, excel burgess timothy with marigold and dandelion, and science selective hay.

what hays better for picky eaters - excel burgess dried grass, excel burgess timothy with marigold and dandelion, and science selective hay.

I’ve merged this with your other thread on hay so you and everyone else can see what advice has already been given.

Back