Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for soft litter for sore hocks

Default Recommendations for soft litter for sore hocks

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a litter brand that is good for bunnies with sore hocks? It would be great if you could also tell me where I can purchase it.
    Thanks!

Wise Old Thumper

A bed of deep hay is one of the best substrates you can use. Also fleeces and Vetbed

I second this, you can pick up cheap fleece blankets, and they are easy to wash and dry, I use them for my indoor bunny.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant to put in the litter box. Can you recommend anything that is soft and absorbs well?

Iíve used carefresh natural pet bedding before which is very soft, but I found it was pretty expensive and my rabbits tried to eat it, so that could be a good option if your rabbit doesnít want to eat it and you donít mind spending a bit more than usual rabbit litter (ie wood pellets).

Wise Old Thumper

Most of us do put hay in the litter tray as they like to eat while doing their toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by mismatchbunnies View Post
    Iíve used carefresh natural pet bedding before which is very soft, but I found it was pretty expensive and my rabbits tried to eat it, so that could be a good option if your rabbit doesnít want to eat it and you donít mind spending a bit more than usual rabbit litter (ie wood pellets).
    is it a good absorbent? Does it stick to fur? Thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Most of us do put hay in the litter tray as they like to eat while doing their toilet.
    Yes definitely I put hay in his litter box but I want something to absorb the urine so it doesnít go on his hocks. Do you put anything with the hay?

Quote Originally Posted by fettylop View Post
    Yes definitely I put hay in his litter box but I want something to absorb the urine so it doesn’t go on his hocks. Do you put anything with the hay?
    I just use newspaper underneath the hay, its easy to pull out and replace.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    I just use newspaper underneath the hay, its easy to pull out and replace.
    Oh cool. I put newspaper at the bottom too but I thought it wasnít enough to keep his hocks dry. Thank you for your help!