• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxes

Alicia

Mama Doe
Where I live is quite noisy because of deliveries to the supermarket behind my house and in the year I’ve lived here I’ve never seen a fox (I’m sure they’ve always been about but not particularly close) I had the rabbits out in the garden in their runs and one of the runs was quite near the gate because that’s where the most grass was. I always leave them out quite late as I don’t like them to be shut up for too long (put them out first thing and then shut them in just before I go to bed) and as I was putting them away I saw a young but quite big fox sat the other side of my gate. I tried to scare it off but it took some convincing to leave. I can’t attach a run to the shed because of the area/ground it’s on and I love that my rabbits can go out but I can’t sit and watch them 24/7, but I don’t want to shut them up. Any suggestions? Is there such a thing as a fox proof run?

Absolutely there are fox-proof runs. My first rabbit lived with foxes all his life (10yrs) and he was fine with them when he realised they couldn't get him. Your only worry once you know the run is secure is if the rabbits will be too scared of the fox(es).

Back