• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet changes

Realistically, knowing Bossy Boo, it'll be worse!

yeah probably. She is such a lovable little rotter. I guess 7 (next week) is still pretty young but she shows no signs of slowing down, despite her disabilities. I do love my boobly - she is such a character

another thing I liked about Paul is he asked lots of questions about how they lived & what they ate, said he is always reassured to hear of bunnies on hay & forage based diet

Bunny buddy if you meet him ever let me know your thoughts

another thing I liked about Paul is he asked lots of questions about how they lived & what they ate, said he is always reassured to hear of bunnies on hay & forage based diet

He does sound like he asked the right questions etc, were you in with him or did you have to talk via phone?

He does sound like he asked the right questions etc, were you in with him or did you have to talk via phone?

We had a chat in the car park about Mousey then when he returned her had another chat, repeat with Joey & Boo. They had notes attached to each carrier too. Paid by calling reception but they popped out with paper bill.

Its only about a 6 car carpark & got busy at one point. All the carriers on the concrete were giving me the willies (it was hot & sunny so owners were outside waiting rather than in cars)

We had a chat in the car park about Mousey then when he returned her had another chat, repeat with Joey & Boo. They had notes attached to each carrier too. Paid by calling reception but they popped out with paper bill.

Its only about a 6 car carpark & got busy at one point. All the carriers on the concrete were giving me the willies (it was hot & sunny so owners were outside waiting rather than in cars)

I've no idea how my vets are coping as the original/main practice has no car park. Just a very busy road :(

Which vaccinations did they have?

I understand it is how they have to do things but I dont like this idea of waiting in hot cars or in carparks with stressed animals. Glad he came out for a chat about each though, that is reassuring.

I've no idea how my vets are coping as the original/main practice has no car park. Just a very busy road :(

Which vaccinations did they have?

novibac. Non due now til Feb 2021 - they'll have the triple vacc in & had plenty of road test time too

I understand it is how they have to do things but I dont like this idea of waiting in hot cars or in carparks with stressed animals. Glad he came out for a chat about each though, that is reassuring.

Yeah it'd be bad if times over ran much. It was better than I anticipated but not like a good old fashioned consult when Mouse leaps in to my arms & pretends she loves me

i'm finding it's definitely more stressful for the vets. bunnies aren't quite as cute & cuddly as they expect. Tulip's vet looked quite shocked when returning her after her vaccinations :lol:

i'm finding it's definitely more stressful for the vets. bunnies aren't quite as cute & cuddly as they expect. Tulip's vet looked quite shocked when returning her after her vaccinations :lol:

:lol: did they say anything or did you keep a respectful silence?I was surprised this vet came out with no bite or scratch wounds

:lol: did they say anything or did you keep a respectful silence?I was surprised this vet came out with no bite or scratch wounds

:) she just mentioned how surprised she was at the height Tulip can jump, holding her hand up at shoulder level :lol:

Mine too. It's all paid on-street parking at city centre rates :S If you park in the wrong spot you're in Zone 1 and it's extortionate!

That's what Charlie was like when he was being examined for a possible broken skull (Dad thought he trod on him, he hadn't): vet was all 'oh he's so small I don't need any help, thanks nurse' followed by 'ARAARRGGGHHHH GETITOFF!' :lol: Charlie was fine :D

Mouse wil have to find another way to pretend she loves you :D

Mine too. It's all paid on-street parking at city centre rates :S If you park in the wrong spot you're in Zone 1 and it's extortionate!

That's what Charlie was like when he was being examined for a possible broken skull (Dad thought he trod on him, he hadn't): vet was all 'oh he's so small I don't need any help, thanks nurse' followed by 'ARAARRGGGHHHH GETITOFF!' :lol: Charlie was fine :D

Mouse wil have to find another way to pretend she loves you :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
that is so funny :)

Will do. I am not scheduled to go back until July as I got all my vaccinations brought forward (just in case there's a second wave and vaccinations are on hold again!)

Did you get any information as to whether he's locum/on loan from Bishopton etc? I see that on CLV website Becky had gone; Paul Harris hasn't been added and the vacancy is still advertised... From what you've said so far, I'd be willing to keep him.

Will do. I am not scheduled to go back until July as I got all my vaccinations brought forward (just in case there's a second wave and vaccinations are on hold again!)

Did you get any information as to whether he's locum/on loan from Bishopton etc? I see that on CLV website Becky had gone; Paul Harris hasn't been added and the vacancy is still advertised... From what you've said so far, I'd be willing to keep him.

it sounded to me like he's staying

That sounds good. It will be a novelty for them having a bloke on the premises... I hope it works out better than Bartosz:lol:

I never had the pleasure. You should ask you know who her verdict ;)

Here's Mousey just now, giving me sad eyes in the hope of treats.
47ZPj4sl.jpg

Back