• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet changes

BTW I just updated thread title as in attempting to google PH found my own thread which on first glance sounds a tad negative

[/B]
I never had the pleasure. You should ask you know who her verdict ;)

Here's Mousey just now, giving me sad eyes in the hope of treats.
47ZPj4sl.jpg
[/IMG]

She is beautiful :love:

She is not only a beautiful Mouse but a very clever one. She has not done a single pee outside her litter tray in over 3 weeks. Joey & Boo nagged for additional bedding on their floor yesterday & within 12 hours somebun has peed on it. What a good girl Mousey is.

After a few gins I presented each bunny with the findings of their consults in MOT format, it sounds much harsher

Mousey darling, I'm afraid you've a fail on future bunny love & arthritic bones, an advisory on your teeth but your weepy eye passed
Boobly bear you got an advisory on your teeth, love handles and seeing eye
Joey - you passed, well done sonny

Mousey darling, I'm afraid you've a fail on future bunny love & arthritic bones, an advisory on your teeth but your weepy eye passed
Perfect :lol: We should all do this! Well done Joey :D

She is not only a beautiful Mouse but a very clever one. She has not done a single pee outside her litter tray in over 3 weeks. Joey & Boo nagged for additional bedding on their floor yesterday & within 12 hours somebun has peed on it. What a good girl Mousey is.

After a few gins I presented each bunny with the findings of their consults in MOT format, it sounds much harsher

Love it!

Theo has decided to try out PH. I will let you know how it goes. (Stasis, abdominal pain). He demeanor and questions in the car park boded well.

Theo is staying in. Nothing too dramatic but but but Paul said "Either Allison or HEATHER will be looking after him tomorrow:love: previously R told me H's new days would be Wednesday and Thursday. :D

Paul came across okay when giving the update. Hope he stays, don't want him doing a Becky though I am glad she filled the void of Hef's absence.

Last edited:
Thats good nothing too concerning re: Theo but sending lots of vibes he is well enough to come home tomorrow. Did he do everything you'd expect?

Good news bout Heather. I really hope Ruth comes back too (though I can cope better with her absence now Rudey has gone). What would be nice now is if they could move to proper consults & better still be able to see the vet of your choosing for continuity of care

I feel your pain on this issue. Still missing our beloved Dr. J. I couldn't even get my 2nd choice vet for a recheck for Jenna and we're having to wait till the 27th to see the practice owner who, while he's okay, hasn't handled her care for a long time. Jenna just seems to do better with lady vets anyway. I'm afraid if things continue to deteriorate we're going in as an emergency and that's a poop shoot as to who we'll get. :(

I hate not going in either. I mask up and insist on it due to Jenna's health concerns being as dire as they are, plus her anxiety, she needs me there. If I have to do damage control at home I want hands on instruction, period.

We're so lucky at our practice: there's lots of consult rooms and the vet talks to you from 1 and does the consult in 2 or 3 depending which was last used. There's strictly 3 places to sit in the waiting room but it's the seat closest to room 1 you usually sit. There's no carpark and the on-road parking is the other side of a relatively busy road and main cycle lane) so it makes sense to go inside. There's even a Carrier Drop Off Point :)

Worst thing was today, seeing our friends going down the road with a cat carrier, presumably the consult after mine given where they were, and wondering if it was their terminal cat in the carrier :( It was, and I think it was time for the kindest thing given a social media post :cry:

Thats good nothing too concerning re: Theo but sending lots of vibes he is well enough to come home tomorrow. Did he do everything you'd expect?

Good news bout Heather. I really hope Ruth comes back too (though I can cope better with her absence now Rudey has gone). What would be nice now is if they could move to proper consults & better still be able to see the vet of your choosing for continuity of care

Yes, but there wasn't anything major to challenge him but everything was appropriate. I did find he was talking to me like I didn't know much about rabbits, I know they have to find their level but I have 20+ rabbits registered there which should be an indicator. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's working on the basis of too much information is better than too little. He wasn't patronising or anything bad, it's just hard to zone in on exactly what the vibe was, though it was good overall.

I have found out where Becky is now, it looks like a new venture, she is a partner. A team of 4 with 24/7 cover:
https://www.wensleydale-vets.com/

Last edited:
Back