• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Query on new triple vaccine-u/d she's done!

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
Treacle is booked in for her vacs next week, she is a month overdue, so l will be pleased to get her done. She has never had the RH2 though, local vets have never had it and as they don't get to see many rabbits, they were not that interested in getting it. Anyway, they now have the triple vaccine, but now I'm getting a bit paranoid about her getting all three together. Am I just over worrying, shes turned 7 now. Has anyones buns had this yet ? Thanks folks x

Last edited:
What a worry! If it were me I would be happier to have the 2 separate vaccines if you could. See what JJ thinks about this. There haven't been enough rabbits vaccinated with this new 3 in 1 vaccine for my liking.

I'm quite up for mine having it but my vets were waiting to run down stocks of novibac first before ordering. There have been a few posts on here & I've not noted any concerns except of course its newness. Its nice Treacle will have rHVD2 protection now x

Not had it yet, but I'm hoping mine can have this as their next vacc. Jake is due early June so if the vet has the triple vacc in use I'm happy for him to have it rather than his previous eravac RHD2 and nobivac. I can see why people may be worried, but for me I'm happy it'll have been tested and proven to be safe before circulation

Not had it yet, but I'm hoping mine can have this as their next vacc. Jake is due early June so if the vet has the triple vacc in use I'm happy for him to have it rather than his previous eravac RHD2 and nobivac. I can see why people may be worried, but for me I'm happy it'll have been tested and proven to be safe before circulation

I was thinking along these lines as well, so I am glad to see your post.

Thanks for your comments folks, I know it will have been well tested, and all buns react differently, I guess it's just normal to worry, well it is for me anyway. I almost lost Treacle this time last year, this was after a dental, she went into stasis and had to be hospitilised at a vets over 100 mile away, it was touch and go. She's a tough little cookie though, and pleased to say still here, and not had a dental since (touches wood here).
Thanks for the link Jane, I had already looked at that before, but couldn't find any contraindications mentioned. I found another site, can't remember what it was now, and it said the only known side effect was a possible temperature rise, and a possible lump at the vaccination site, which I think is the same for any other.
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get her done, I'd never forgive myself if she caught the virus.

Thanks for your comments folks, I know it will have been well tested, and all buns react differently, I guess it's just normal to worry, well it is for me anyway. I almost lost Treacle this time last year, this was after a dental, she went into stasis and had to be hospitilised at a vets over 100 mile away, it was touch and go. She's a tough little cookie though, and pleased to say still here, and not had a dental since (touches wood here).
Thanks for the link Jane, I had already looked at that before, but couldn't find any contraindications mentioned. I found another site, can't remember what it was now, and it said the only known side effect was a possible temperature rise, and a possible lump at the vaccination site, which I think is the same for any other.
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get her done, I'd never forgive myself if she caught the virus.

Page 3 on here :

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/docume...myxo-rhd-plus-epar-product-information_en.pdf

Best of luck :) I would love Lopsy to have it, he's never had a reaction to any injections and it saves me bundling him up twice!

Mine are all due their VHD2 but some are due the myxo one in August so I'd rather they get the new combined now as don't want them to have it in August and be doubling up on VHD2! My vets don't have the vaccine yet though. :(

Mine are all due their VHD2 but some are due the myxo one in August so I'd rather they get the new combined now as don't want them to have it in August and be doubling up on VHD2! My vets don't have the vaccine yet though. :(

Would you not be seeing it as doubling up on VHD2 if they have the triple now? They'd still be getting a double-up on VHD2 by getting more while still covered by the previous vaccine. (This isn't a criticism of logic, by the way, I've been trying to rationalise this as to when I'd rather my lot have the new vaccine and there's some kind of double up however I plan it, unless they had the two previous vaccines very close together.)

Would you not be seeing it as doubling up on VHD2 if they have the triple now? They'd still be getting a double-up on VHD2 by getting more while still covered by the previous vaccine. (This isn't a criticism of logic, by the way, I've been trying to rationalise this as to when I'd rather my lot have the new vaccine and there's some kind of double up however I plan it, unless they had the two previous vaccines very close together.)

I get so confused with it all so may be mistaken here but they're all due the VHD2 now so if they got the new combined one now they wouldn't be doubling on VHD2 I don't think? Technically they would be getting their myxo and vhd1 three months early but I don't think that would be too bad.

I get so confused with it all so may be mistaken here but they're all due the VHD2 now so if they got the new combined one now they wouldn't be doubling on VHD2 I don't think? Technically they would be getting their myxo and vhd1 three months early but I don't think that would be too bad.

Yes of course, you are right, I was tired when I posted. I suppose I meant to say they are doubling up on part of it somewhere along the lines. I am not actually too worried about that as with vaccines it's different to medications. I am just grateful to have managed to get them all vacinated, to be honest.. I will try not to worry about what order the new one arrives in!

Yes of course, you are right, I was tired when I posted. I suppose I meant to say they are doubling up on part of it somewhere along the lines. I am not actually too worried about that as with vaccines it's different to medications. I am just grateful to have managed to get them all vacinated, to be honest.. I will try not to worry about what order the new one arrives in!
Yeah they'd be doubling up on vhd1 and myxo I guess but it's only 3 months early. If they had vhd2 now and then the new combined in August, they'd be technically having their vhd2 9 months early. Hoping I can get hold of a new vaccine for them but yeah you're right it is different to medication so will probably be ok anyway! x

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Hope I'm not tempting fate, but Treacle is all done and we are back home. Was so impressed with the procedures put in place at vets, vet came out and we had a good chat before handing Treacle over. She must have been in there for half an hour, during which time she had a thorough m.o.t. ! Teeth checked, claws clipped, bum fur clipped, weighed, heart checked, vaccinated- new blanket to replace hers that she pee'd on-£45 !
So far she has been sitting in her litter tray chomping hay and looking fine, will let you know if any changes, so far so good !

Back