• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible stasis? ( Biscuit 2.7 yrs ) is there hope?

I echo the sentiments of those above - it is wonderful to read a positive update after a rather stressful episode.
My stasis bun, Lillian also benefits from slightly higher pain meds - as we have found over recent episodes, so it is worth bearing that in mind.
The poop output is very encouraging so stick with it - plenty of fresh greens/herbs/grass/dandelion and hay and no harm in some critical care if you feel needed.
I hope biscuit continues this positive recovery. xx

I just read your posts and my heart grew heavy when you were preparing your daughters prior to Blscuit having a breakthrough.
You are doing an amazing job. Sending vibes he will make a full recovery.
Sorry illness brought you to RU, though now you know some of the wonderful members of this forum who provide information,compassion,and friendship.
Please keep us updated on Biscuit's health and stories.

Thank you all . Biscuit is eating/ drinking well . He even did his usual post breakfast routine of leaping up on to my daughter's bed to lick her face!

We are so grateful for the advice and encouragement on here without which I may have made a decision to give up as he was looking so sad/in pain and we were desperate.

Will keep up the meds and stay alert , also be extra careful with his diet .
Hope anyone reading this with same issue will know not to give up. Bless you all xx

Ahh - that is such sweet news about Biscuit. It sounds very much like he is feeling mich better and a good sign is a return to some normal routine. He is obviously showing his gratitude back to you and well done to you - huge hug, for staying with it, and finding some guidance from here. Most of us have been through it so we all know the feeling and whilst we have different treatments and meds, some of the protocol is similar. I'm pleased that you were able to take some information from the forum and use it to help Biscuit.
Vigilance is always best with a stasis bun. The quicker you act, the better chance you have of responding to treatment.
I hope Biscuit continues to improve and is back to form quickly.
Craig xx

Thanks for the update, really pleased to read that Biscuit is responding well to treatment and is much more like his old self [emoji3]

These buns do like to scare us!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back