• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today is the first time I have been bitten by a rabbit

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Does anybun have a certificate?

Poor Den has to have meds and eye cleaning every day. This morning we had to throw in some nail clippings and he bit me on my arm. It was definitely a warning bite as just left a big bruise. He is such a sweet bun he must of just had enough today. It really hurt so i wouldn't want to be at the end of a proper bunny bite!

Many years ago i was bonding my two lops Bam and Charlie. They had a fight and Charlie ran past my dad and bit him on his foot on the way past. My dad still says how much that hurt!

oh bless him, poor Denny, he must have just tipped over the edge for a minute. I've only been nipped once by Treacle, but I think it was my fault. I made her jump when she must have been half asleep, my hand was very close to her head, and she turned and nipped. Like you not a big bite, but boy it did hurt, so no I wouldn't like to get the full force of the choppers ! :shock:

Ouchy! As a frequent "victim" of the bunny bite, courtesy of Snoopy, I can empathise as it does hurt! It feels like someone's attached a large bulldog clip to your arm. Snoopy gets a lot of bites in during claw clipping time, mainly on my legs. I also got bit a lot during his last stasis episode. Not easy syringe feeding a bunny when they're trying to take chunks out of your arm at every opportunity!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Sounds painful!!

Phillip has a tendency to nip if he’s having a bad pain day.

The only time I’ve been properly bitten was by Snowy, when we bonded her with our old rabbit Smudge, my hand ended up getting in the way of them and she took a chunk out of my finger! Very painful and she was such a gentle rabbit so it wasn’t intentional to me. She spent the rest of the evening cuddling up to me so I think she felt guilty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to bunny bitey club. Mousey is the only rabbit to ever bite me intentionally. She has a very sophisticated gradient of bites. When we refuse to move a hand or a foot after a nose nudge, she starts moving you by ever so lightly grazing her teeth on your hand. Almost daily I get little nips as she is handled daily now as she needs help with grooming & eye washing. She starts of nipping & ends up giving little kisses. I pretty much always have little deep bruises on my forearms. Blood spills are "just" for vets though.

Just last week I noticed a weird mark on my wrist that came out when I'd been in the sun. Then I remembered that fight Boo & Rudey had where I shoved my wrist in to the fur bundle just in time & got a double bite scratch symbol. I thought thats cool - i have a little Boobly made tattoo for life.

We have never been bitten by the buns. But I have experienced a Archie nip. This occurs when you are in his way. Once to my butt cheek. It was like teeny hypodermic needles. I squealed and leapt out of his way. [emoji1787]

I dread to think what a full on bite would feel like [emoji51] I've seen what those teeth do to our skirting board.

Not so far, no. I am wary of Tui though. She dislikes being handled and she has a large mouth :lol: None of my bunnies have ever bitten the vet either :lol:

Oh, proper bunny bites are truly painful. We had a bridge bun- Sam who was a rescue bun. He had a fight with his brother and they needed separation which is why he was in a rescue. He was a sweet chap but unbelievably possessive about food.
My wife was the first to feel the pain as he lunged at her hand and sunk his chops in deep and deliberate. She lifted her hand and he was still clinging on. She had to squeeze his cheeks to get him to release and still bears the deep scar.
He did the same to me - I stoopidly moved a carrot he was eating and he went for me big time. Huge lunge and found the soft fleshy part at the side of my palm. And he bit hard and deep.
It was never malicious but just a defence mechanism.
Leo will gently nip if he wants to get past - it’s just his way of saying move please.
So I just think Dennis was saying he’d had enough and it’s the only expressive way they know because it’s also a defensive act.

Oh yea I've been bitten, only by Atticus I think? Bloody hurts! Apricot has accidentally mistaken Michaels finger for a treat.. She was so apologetic after [emoji38] looked really shocked too.. Clementine bites, growls, lunges and tries to attack vets and veterinary nurses [emoji51] she's never once done anything like that to us though, she's a real sweetie here, sassy and demanding but wouldn't hurt you, more likely to lick you to death [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I've just remembered the time I had to rebond Snoops and Fudgie after their big fight. It was quite a fraught rebond. At one point they locked onto each other and was about to start the bunny tornado. I dived in (stupidly bare handed!) to separate them and Fudgie ended up hanging off my little finger by her teeth. Goodness that hurt! Not to mention all the blood that poured from my finger. After many more bites and scratches to my arms and hands they were successfully rebonded and thankfully I was the only one who got injured in the process [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Still have the scar from where Quinn bit me. I'd fed and cleaned out Sylvester and Logan first before so had their scent on me when I went to stroke her whilst she was in her hutch. Had to get a Tetanus shot after that.

Didn't do that again; always cared for Harley and Quinn first after that.

just found a photo of the bonding one I was on about

Edd6hocl.jpg

One of my previous Rabbits had fits due to EC. During one especially bad one, he was totally thrashing about and out of it. I had to try to hold him as still as possible to stop him from really hurting himself. During the fit he bit my thumb right through to the bone !! My god did it bleed :mrgreen:

Mimzy would nip if we were having a snuggle session with bunny body massage if I stopped sooner than he wanted. It was surprisingly eye watering. :oops:

Otherwise I don't think any of mine ever truly bit me, but there were lots of well placed kicks and scratches. :roll: Those were bad enough!

I have plenty of cat and dog bites though. At least my last two bridge cats have left those 'scar tattoos' to remind me of them.

One of my previous Rabbits had fits due to EC. During one especially bad one, he was totally thrashing about and out of it. I had to try to hold him as still as possible to stop him from really hurting himself. During the fit he bit my thumb right through to the bone !! My god did it bleed :mrgreen:
Urgh when I was a kid we used to leave our mini lops with this lady when we went on holiday and she had like 100 rabbits at least, and there was this guy there and he used to keep huge buns.. Idk what breed, but they were seriously the biggest buns I've ever seen.. Anyway one bit him and it disfigured his finger... Was all healed but he held his hand up and I remember being really horrified that a rabbit could cause such damage... Now as an adult I wonder what he did to deserve it... The bun that did it was not messing around... [emoji51][emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back