Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today is the first time I have been bitten by a rabbit

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I've just remembered the time I had to rebond Snoops and Fudgie after their big fight. It was quite a fraught rebond. At one point they locked onto each other and was about to start the bunny tornado. I dived in (stupidly bare handed!) to separate them and Fudgie ended up hanging off my little finger by her teeth. Goodness that hurt! Not to mention all the blood that poured from my finger. After many more bites and scratches to my arms and hands they were successfully rebonded and thankfully I was the only one who got injured in the process

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Still have the scar from where Quinn bit me. I'd fed and cleaned out Sylvester and Logan first before so had their scent on me when I went to stroke her whilst she was in her hutch. Had to get a Tetanus shot after that.

Didn't do that again; always cared for Harley and Quinn first after that.

just found a photo of the bonding one I was on about

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    oh wow, that looked nasty !
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    oh wow, that looked nasty !
    Booblys darker side Makes you shudder to think what would happen on delicate bunny skin

One of my previous Rabbits had fits due to EC. During one especially bad one, he was totally thrashing about and out of it. I had to try to hold him as still as possible to stop him from really hurting himself. During the fit he bit my thumb right through to the bone !! My god did it bleed

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Wise Old Thumper

Mimzy would nip if we were having a snuggle session with bunny body massage if I stopped sooner than he wanted. It was surprisingly eye watering.

Otherwise I don't think any of mine ever truly bit me, but there were lots of well placed kicks and scratches. Those were bad enough!

I have plenty of cat and dog bites though. At least my last two bridge cats have left those 'scar tattoos' to remind me of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    One of my previous Rabbits had fits due to EC. During one especially bad one, he was totally thrashing about and out of it. I had to try to hold him as still as possible to stop him from really hurting himself. During the fit he bit my thumb right through to the bone !! My god did it bleed
    Urgh when I was a kid we used to leave our mini lops with this lady when we went on holiday and she had like 100 rabbits at least, and there was this guy there and he used to keep huge buns.. Idk what breed, but they were seriously the biggest buns I've ever seen.. Anyway one bit him and it disfigured his finger... Was all healed but he held his hand up and I remember being really horrified that a rabbit could cause such damage... Now as an adult I wonder what he did to deserve it... The bun that did it was not messing around...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

[IMG][/IMG]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wise Old Thumper

[IMG][/IMG]
    I don't remember this happening, although looking at it, I'm sure I would have done if it had happened to me Really not nice, Boo!