• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus, stasis :(

Graciee

Staff member
Fine last night, this morning no poop, he's not eating anything, looks very uncomfortable, made a tiny squeal noise when trying to poop, was a tiny bit of soft poop at the exit..

My vets don't open til 9am, I called the 24 hour one, they aren't seeing animals, you have to talk to the vet over the phone first then they decide if they need to see the animal.. But that couldn't happen til after 10.30am :/ so I'm gunna try wait for my normal vet at 9am..

I honestly don't know what to do :( I probably have medication, but he could have a blockage or anything..

Anyone got any suggestions? :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh Graciee, poor Atticus :( I think I would wait until 9am, but I wouldn't be happy with that decision. Thinking of you and sending him lots of vibes.

Oh Graciee, poor Atticus :( I think I would wait until 9am, but I wouldn't be happy with that decision. Thinking of you and sending him lots of vibes.
Thanks Omi, I'm just praying at this point ivone is there today, it'd be hard enough handing him over and not going in with him, but I at least know she would do the xray, blood glucose, and check everything, and can prescribe stuff properly [emoji21]

Was a new hay bag that got opened last night, Timothyhay.co.uk soft stuff, he was tucking in last night, maybe that's disagreed with him.. Idk :(

I would do this too. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Oh, Graciee, poor Atticus. I really hope it's something easily solved and you're both back home again soon. xxxxx

I'd just administer analgesia orally if you have it at home for emergency use (obviously your RS Vet will have given this prior approval)

Then make sure he is warm (feel his ears, if very cool place a heat pad near him)

If he will accept syringed water without getting stressed try to get about 10-20ml into him, but ONLY water

Then leave him in peace til you can get him to your RS Vet

Sending lots of vibes

Thanks everyone for the vibes x

His blood glucose was 16 something and he's got lots of hard poop impacted, there's no gas really on the xray, its a blockage of poop :( he's stayed with my Vet, so they can keep a really close eye on him etc, having fluids, painkillers etc will pick him up later but he's not in a good way :( could've brought him home and done all that stuff but they can re xray and blood glucose test periodically there so figured that was better and he's not like Clementine where he gets stressed and aggressive there so decided to leave him.

So worried about him though :(

Thanks everyone for the vibes x

His blood glucose was 16 something and he's got lots of hard poop impacted, there's no gas really on the xray, its a blockage of poop :( he's stayed with my Vet, so they can keep a really close eye on him etc, having fluids, painkillers etc will pick him up later but he's not in a good way :( could've brought him home and done all that stuff but they can re xray and blood glucose test periodically there so figured that was better and he's not like Clementine where he gets stressed and aggressive there so decided to leave him.

So worried about him though :(

Def' the right thing to do to have him admitted. I really hope that he will start to respond to treatment soon xx

Lots more vibes and hugs from me too. I would also have left him there. They can monitor him much better.

Big hugs: they'll be looking after him just right :) I hope he passes his impaction soon and gets back to Atticus-normal xx

Back