Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atticus, stasis :(

Default Atticus, stasis :(

Fine last night, this morning no poop, he's not eating anything, looks very uncomfortable, made a tiny squeal noise when trying to poop, was a tiny bit of soft poop at the exit..

My vets don't open til 9am, I called the 24 hour one, they aren't seeing animals, you have to talk to the vet over the phone first then they decide if they need to see the animal.. But that couldn't happen til after 10.30am :/ so I'm gunna try wait for my normal vet at 9am..

I honestly don't know what to do I probably have medication, but he could have a blockage or anything..

Anyone got any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Oh Graciee, poor Atticus I think I would wait until 9am, but I wouldn't be happy with that decision. Thinking of you and sending him lots of vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Oh Graciee, poor Atticus I think I would wait until 9am, but I wouldn't be happy with that decision. Thinking of you and sending him lots of vibes.
    Thanks Omi, I'm just praying at this point ivone is there today, it'd be hard enough handing him over and not going in with him, but I at least know she would do the xray, blood glucose, and check everything, and can prescribe stuff properly

Was a new hay bag that got opened last night, Timothyhay.co.uk soft stuff, he was tucking in last night, maybe that's disagreed with him.. Idk

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I would do this too. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Sending loads of vibes for both of you today, x

Oh, Graciee, poor Atticus. I really hope it's something easily solved and you're both back home again soon. xxxxx

I hope all goes well with the vet trip, or he recovers before then.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Wise Old Thumper

I'd just administer analgesia orally if you have it at home for emergency use (obviously your RS Vet will have given this prior approval)

Then make sure he is warm (feel his ears, if very cool place a heat pad near him)

If he will accept syringed water without getting stressed try to get about 10-20ml into him, but ONLY water

Then leave him in peace til you can get him to your RS Vet

Sending lots of vibes
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Wise Old Thumper

Sending recovery vibes for Atticus xx

Sorry to hear about Atticus, sending loads of vibes for him, hope vets can help xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES