• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Breathing

Hills

Young Bun
Hi guys, Henry randomly went down hill yesterday, took him to the vets this morning and came home with cisparide, as the day went on he got worse and had now ended up struggling to breathe [emoji3525] he also has white snot coming out of his nose which is so weird to me because I’ve never heard him sneeze so I don’t think it’s snuffles!

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I’m so worried [emoji22][emoji174]

He’s currently at the vets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, Henry randomly went down hill yesterday, took him to the vets this morning and came home with cisparide, as the day went on he got worse and had now ended up struggling to breathe [emoji3525] he also has white snot coming out of his nose which is so weird to me because I’ve never heard him sneeze so I don’t think it’s snuffles!

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I’m so worried [emoji22][emoji174]

He’s currently at the vets.

Poor Henry :( Is he staying at the vets? It sounds to me as though he has some sort of respiratory infection. I hope that the vet can get him onto some antibiotics. Sending him lots of vibes.

I agree with Omi, it sounds as though Henry is displaying symptoms of a severe acute RTI/pneumonia. Or possibly he had a choking episode. I do hope that he has made it through the night and that you will receive some better news from the Vet today x

Hello,

Sadly Henry died overnight :( I’m absolutely devastated and in shock. The vet thinks it was to do with his heart but with my own research I suspect pneumonia too, poor baby, I feel so guilty.

Thank you for replying to me x

I'm so sorry you've lost Henry [emoji17] It's such an awful shock when they go downhill so suddenly like that.

Sleep tight Henry xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone.

He has left behind Daisy his little wife, I have another pair who are M\F, should I attempt to bond her with them? They all know each other as their enclosures are next to each other’s.

X

I am so sorry Henry passed away. Regarding trying to bond Daisy with your other 2 I would wait a week to give Daisy time to adjust then it really depends on the personalities of the rabbits but you might find it difficult as the other female might not want to share her space. Any bonding will have to be done in a neutral area to all the rabbits. Good luck with this.

I'm really sorry. Sweet dreams Henry.
A trio bond could well work but I'd give you & everybun a little time before deciding xx

So sorry to hear that you have lost Henry x I agree, I would let things settle first before attempting a bond. Sweet dreams Henry xxx

sorry for your loss of little Henry, I've never tried to bond a trio but I know others on here have had successful attempts.

Thank you everyone, Daisy can be hard bunny to bond as she gets quite angry, but when she settles she’s usually ok, she’s been like this with her other mate before Henry too. But once she accepts them she loves them!

I’ll leave her for next week then I’ll start it the week after, I’ll take them all to my boyfriends house and do it slowly over a week.

If it really doesn’t work I will adopt a new mate for her, but I really hope it does work!

Thank you everyone, Daisy can be hard bunny to bond as she gets quite angry, but when she settles she’s usually ok, she’s been like this with her other mate before Henry too. But once she accepts them she loves them!

I’ll leave her for next week then I’ll start it the week after, I’ll take them all to my boyfriends house and do it slowly over a week.

If it really doesn’t work I will adopt a new mate for her, but I really hope it does work!

Personally I'd leave any bonding attempts until the Covid 19 related disruption to Veterinary services is eased. Also, as things currently stand we are not supposed to be visiting other households x

Personally I'd leave any bonding attempts until the Covid 19 related disruption to Veterinary services is eased. Also, as things currently stand we are not supposed to be visiting other households x

How comes you would wait? Just curious.
Oh no sorry I wasn’t clear, I’m living with him at the moment but the bunnies are all in my parents garden x

I am so sorry you lost Henry. You did your best so no reason for guilt. Bunnies can change quickly. So many different illnesses can have similar symptoms too.

Back