• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Liquorice

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
b772ed95f9e348afabe2312096470674.jpg

..eating a piece of chicken!

they’re not really supposed to have it but I saw it as a last ditch attempt (since the main issue is the fat and not it being toxic for them). he still doesn’t want to eat and has gone from 125g to 94g and is rather skinny [emoji17] I’m not sure what more I can do for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is so cute :love: it’s a while since we had any gerbils but the gerbil forum was good for getting ideas on diet and what is fattening etc, might be worth a look.

So sweet. What about wax worms ? You can get them from eBay. Also egg and cheese. I know hamsters can eat these not sure about gerbils.

Had a look on the internet. They can eat cooked egg, peanut butter and banana but only very small amounts of cheese as they tend to be lactose intolerant. Bet he'd love some peanut butter and banana.

he has mealworms, but he’s even unwilling to eat those a lot of the time [emoji853] they’re apart of his normal diet mix.

I’m gonna try some egg - we have peanut butter too (bf loves the stuff, disgusting). I feel quite sorry for him.

I don’t think he likes going in the topper alone anymore so I’ve revamped his cage to put the food bowl in the actual cage part. hopefully he doesn’t bury it [emoji38] I’ll have to see if he picks up on eating.

he mostly wants treats, I guess because they’re new and appetising? not something he gets all the time so it encourages his appetite. but ofc he can’t live on my salads, maple oat cookie things from pah and fruit all the time.

but I think he deserves the extra tlc right now. I just want him to be okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back