• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Lost My Leroy Today

ShirleyGirl

Young Bun
I haven't been on the forum for a while - all was well. But Leroy got stasis yesterday morning. This is the second time - first time I pulled him through. But this time, I could not, despite doing all the same things and trying so hard. He died in my arms. He would have turned 4 tomorrow. He was so beautiful, such a character. We gave him a good life and he was well loved.

I'm so sorry,I lost my girl Cleo to stasis and bloat all in two days ,she too was only four.Binky free Leroy.:(

I'm sorry kattymieoww. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I keep thinking, if I would have done this, not done that, etc. which does no good, I know. And how will little Lulu do now without him? They have been bonded for over 3 years.

From personal experience I know stasis can be so difficult to reverse even when do everything right.
I am so sorry for your tragic loss. Try to take comfort in knowing he passed being loved by the one he loved.

I'm sorry kattymieoww. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I keep thinking, if I would have done this, not done that, etc. which does no good, I know. And how will little Lulu do now without him? They have been bonded for over 3 years.

It was over eight years ago,even with vet treatment etc,she just went downhill so quickly sadly.

Sorry to hear you have lost Leroy. Your remaining rabbit will miss him for a while but they usually cope :cry:

I keep going over the last few days; what did I miss? What could I have done differently? If only ... We left the body in the pen with his mate, Lulu, for about an hour, then buried him behind our shed.

He was so beautiful: a lop mix with helicopter ears, a broken fluffy coat and blue eyes. And such a character! He had the run of the house and the yard. He would sit with us on the back deck and if we weren't out there, stare in the slider window, waiting for us to let him in. He'd come in, investigate all the rooms and run back out to nibble whatever he could find. The neighbors said he acted more like a dog. He would run up to the fence to greet people he liked. All the people that walk for exercise in the neighborhood knew him and laughed at his antics in the yard, flying up and down the deck steps, in and out of the basement. He got around! And he loved my hubby, probably more than me. Always hung out with him in the yard when hubby was doing projects - had to be right there to supervise.

And if his loss isn't bad enough, my old dog is really losing ground, too. If she makes it to July 4th, she will be 15. She has had EPI (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) since she was 2 and has needed special care, including B12 shots that I give every month. We are so tightly bonded - can't imagine life without her.

Back