• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting and Overeating.

Nibbles06

New Kit
I have a four year old rabbit recently left as a single after her partner passed on. She has began to bite ankles and follow people around. And is eating far more than normal. (All her hay, nuggets and veg very fast) If you sit or bend over she tries to jump on you as well. She is in the house at night afternoons (freedom of large room) but let out in a run as well. What do we do?

I have a four year old rabbit recently left as a single after her partner passed on. She has began to bite ankles and follow people around. And is eating far more than normal. (All her hay, nuggets and veg very fast) If you sit or bend over she tries to jump on you as well. She is in the house at night afternoons (freedom of large room) but let out in a run as well. What do we do?

Hello :wave: If she has only been doing these things since she lost her bonded partner, then I would say the two are related.

It sounds to me as though she is bored and looking for attention. If you are not planning to bond her with another rabbit, perhaps try to provide some enrichment for her. You could do this by giving her rabbit friendly tree sticks to nibble, hanging up her veg or forage and also scattering her pellets or putting them in something for her to work out how to obtain them.

It would appear that the best choice for her would be to have another partner, but I accept this is not always possible. Certainly atm it would be difficult because of the virus situation.

hm

idk about the food factors but you should definitely try to get them another partner

Thanks, we are considering a new partner as she has always bonded well. But it is difficult considering the situation. I will purchase some more toys for her ASAP. (She loves tubes and tunnels.)

Back