• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit intentionally peeing on bonded partner

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have any experience of this please? I'm familiar with wee spraying in a territorial & bonding context but not outside of that

Does anyone have any experience of this please? I'm familiar with wee spraying in a territorial & bonding context but not outside of that

No experience of it, but hang your head in shame Master Joey! Is he doing it in their normal inside area?

How are you certain it is deliberate ?

Is Mousey the deaf and poorly sighted Bun ? If so scenting her bonded partner will be one way to insure she can locate him should she stray too far from him x

How are you certain it is deliberate ?

Is Mousey the deaf and poorly sighted Bun ? If so scenting her bonded partner will be one way to insure she can locate him should she stray too far from him x

No thats Boo the tom boy. Mouse can see judging from her behaviour & ability to make eye contact - prob not that well as she has that cataracty blue haze in her eyes. She looks old. I don't think she hears well if at all but thats long standing. She definitely peed on Rudeys legs intentionally & yesterday she jumped over him & peed on his face & side as she went - maybe that wasn't on purpose but it did look like it.

No thats Boo the tom boy. Mouse can see judging from her behaviour & ability to make eye contact - prob not that well as she has that cataracty blue haze in her eyes. She looks old. I don't think she hears well if at all but thats long standing. She definitely peed on Rudeys legs intentionally & yesterday she jumped over him & peed on his face & side as she went - maybe that wasn't on purpose but it did look like it.

Sounds more like loss of bladder control rather than 'deliberate peeing' :?

so as current members will know Rudey was helped to sleep on the 6th May. Just in case anyone should search for this I thought I'd update (i'm always looking at old threads & wondering what happened). 10 days Mouse has been alone & during that time she's not had a single wee 'accident' . I'm left to conclude it must have been intentional though i guess I'll never understand what she was doing. We saw her wee on him 3 times but there was evidence she'd probably done it at night too. There was no doubt in Bob & I's minds that Mouse knew Rudey was poorly & I do think it stressed her out at the end

for info only - no need for replies x

This is interesting and I am going to store it away for future reference. She obviously knew something or did it for a reason. xx

Back