• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fearghal's Big Adventure

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
IDgCCRr.jpg

cOTnk7U.jpg

f9WqgwV.jpg

PrSaAti.jpg

u4cdG1A.jpg

You've clicker trained a hamster? That's amazing. Your hammies have such a wonderful life with you. I have never dared let any of mine go outside - with four cats I think I would have been asking for a disaster to happen. I guess your furries know where they are well-off so always come back to you.

Fearghal is so incredibly tiny and cute :love:

You've clicker trained a hamster? That's amazing. Your hammies have such a wonderful life with you. I have never dared let any of mine go outside - with four cats I think I would have been asking for a disaster to happen. I guess your furries know where they are well-off so always come back to you.

Fearghal is so incredibly tiny and cute :love:

I thought it might be a good idea to try in case he escaped from his home again :) Whether it'd work in those circumstances I dont know though !!

I thought it might be a good idea to try in case he escaped from his home again :) Whether it'd work in those circumstances I dont know though !!

It was definitely worth trying. How do you stop Morse from inadvertently hurting Fearghal during the Big Adventure? Fearghal is an unusual name - does it mean something to you? So much cute in such a tiny body :love:

It was definitely worth trying. How do you stop Morse from inadvertently hurting Fearghal during the Big Adventure? Fearghal is an unusual name - does it mean something to you? So much cute in such a tiny body :love:

Morse is shut in the house when Fearghal is on maneuvers !! Fearghal is an Irish name :love: It is meant to mean 'man of valour'.

How did you clicker-train him? I have read you can train them to perform tricks and I think Bella is bright enough to learn. Also is it ok to wake them up in the day-time?

It's best not to wake hamsters, as it can make them ill and shorten there lives, it's best to let them wake naturally by themselves.

Fearghals very cute :love::love::love:

It's best not to wake hamsters, as it can make them ill and shorten there lives, it's best to let them wake naturally by themselves.

Fearghals very cute :love::love::love:

Ditto

Fearghal always wakes up between 3pm and 5pm which is when he goes out if it's warm and sunny. I clicker trained him using food rewards. I am up and down all night too anyway and if he's awake I use the clicker to get him to come to the side of his cage and he gets a treat. He has also become very hand tame since his great escape, so picking him up after his garden time is no problem at all. Hope I dont regret saying that !

Back