• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newly bonded rabbits fighting

I put my two rabbits together who I believed were bonded, into their new enclosure, and I came back about 15 minutes later, to see that they had a huge fight, with there being fur everywhere, when 5 minutes earlier they had been absolutely fine in the enclosure cuddling and eating together. I’m really confused and not really sure what I should do next? Has anyone got any advice

You need to go back to where they were before. How long ago is it since your female lived in the shed?

It’s a common cause of fighting in even well bonded rabbits, moving them to new territories, or extending space. You may be able to fix it by putting them back into the space you were bonding them in. I would leave them in that space for as long as possible before you try expanding space or moving them. How long have they been together?

Do you think I should keep them separated tonight? and then try again in the morning, just to give them some cooling off time?

Only if you can supervise them constantly, personally when bonding I’ve put them together and kept them together all the time, without splitting them up, but it is very intensive that way and they do need constant supervision as things can change very quickly... have things settled down with them now?

I have kept them divided in the larger enclosure whilst I haven’t been able to supervise them in the neutral space, do you think that’s the problem. I’m quite worried now and not sure what to do

Back